Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

135gr 9mm Bayou Bullets

Strick

The smoke doesn't bother me that much either, other than breathing it in all day. It is just that this time of year when it gets dark out my weekly wednesday night shoot gets a little touch with too much smoke.

So do any of you guys have any load data. I have been looking but haven't come up with much.

Todd: What was your conclusion while firing? None of them seemed all that bad and none were all that clean. Personally, I just don't notice my smoke, but I do notice the smoke from the person next me.

All the lubes with Parafin really smoked alot with the TG. The Carnuba Red lube is the best I have tried so far. It keeps my barrels nice and shiny with very little sooty waxy build up in the gun. The smoke does not bother me much either. I did the test because of a discussion that was going on at the time.

Edited by toddrod

Nice test....cheers.gif

but... I would have liked to seen a mag full of WWB and/or Federal store bought shot somewhere in the test to see how much difference there is....

To me it appeared the Solo was a little less smokey..

Here is Donnie's youtube video and he shoots WWB at the end for a comparison.

Info direct from Accurate said 3.0 - 3.3 grains of Solo behind a 135g lead bullet

When I was shooting bare lead bullets I had to go to 3.6gr of Solo 1000 with 135gr bullets to make PF.

With an OAL of 1.125" it chronoed 130PF out of a G17 OEM barrel (yes, I used to shoot bare lead out of a Glock barrel and, contrary to popular belief, it never went KB).

Edited by Cy Soto

I use the Bayou 135gr for Steel out of my open gun and for a Production load in my CZ Shardow. 4.0gr of WST Set 1.145. No smoke and very accurate @ 130pf. Recoil is absent in the open gun, very mild in the CZ. :rolleyes:

Same load 4.0 WST backing a 135g Bear Creek RN at 1.150..... consistently 1000 fps (135Pf) out of my 5 inch STI Spartan and like CocoBolo said "No smoke and very accurate".

So Solo 1K gets slower when it gets hotter? I should be ok then since it was 95 yesterday.

Yes.. Solo1K is reverse temp sensitive. Not to much that I worry in the winter, but the primers do get a little flat when its 20 degrees. I run enough powder that I run 134pf on a hot day, so that when the chrono man leaves my ammo in the sun for an hour or two, then shoots it, it still makes pf.