2012 IRC

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Did everyone see that the Par Time is back for the Standards?

From the ICORE website:

Hogue Challenge: Far & Near Standards returns to the IRC with a $1000 cash award for a "zero" score. Standards will return to par time for 2012, so get out your timers and start practicing those 10 yard and 3 yard reloads. Standards will be shot in a regular rotation with colored X centers. All competitors scoring zero on Standards will split the $1000 prize.

What is the best airport to fly into when traveling to San Luis Obispo? I would consider the best airport a combination of bang for the buck for airline tickets and distance from the range. I also need a Hertz car rental either at the airport, or with a shuttle from the airport.

I get my least expensive flight by flying Southwest into San Jose and driving down in a rent car. It's a nice drive down through the wine country, it beats flying into Burbank and fighting your way out of the hood to get out of town. :surprise:

• 1 month later...

What is the best airport to fly into when traveling to San Luis Obispo? I would consider the best airport a combination of bang for the buck for airline tickets and distance from the range. I also need a Hertz car rental either at the airport, or with a shuttle from the airport.

Check Santa Maria . Hearthco

Check Santa Maria . Hearthco

Thanks for the tip. I'll be getting tickets in a couple of weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

For all the "Short People":

Hi Craig:

So sad, it rained today, and temp was only 65o ! Last week we were in upper 70's ---- you should be out here.

Just write snubbie as your 2nd gun category, it seems to keep disappearing from the application forms... ... You will shoot your main gun on day 1 of competition, your 2nd gun on day 2. You will not be allowed to shoot both guns on the same day. All main gun stages must be completed before beginning to shot the 2nd gun.

See you in June,

Art

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 4:04 AM, Buckland, Craig <buckland.ca@pg.com> wrote:

Happy Monday Match Director.

I saw that the 'Snubbie' category was absent on the IRC application. Was that by design?

It was 12oF and snowing this morning - looking forward to sunny California...

Craig

Sent from my iPhone

John, Caswell tried to host an East Coast Regional Match but I think they only had 1 entry. So we have ourselves to blame for that one. In fact Augusta and Charleston are the only local ICORE matches I know of.

Yep and I live smack dab in the middle do no matter which coast it is, It is a trip...I don't fly..