Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best cast lead .45 bullets?

Pro2AInPA

Yesterday I ordered a box of 1,000 bullets I have not heard much about before, but was willing to try:

"Bear Creek" 230 gr moly-coated (black in color) lead RN .45ACP

Bought them from "Extreme Ventures" in Las Vegas.

Price is $102 (shipped to the door)

I noticed that Bear Creek also makes a 200 gr moly-coated hollow base lead RN bullet too. I believe it to have the same outer dimensions as the standard 230 gr bullet, but with it's hollow base, it weighs out at 200 gr. The price of these is $91 per 1,000 (shipped to the door)

Ron,

Edited by Turbota

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will forever use Bayou Bullets.

Went to the Bayou Bullets website.

It's a shame they don't take credit cards. Really slows things down when you have to send them a check or money order in the mail.

"Postal Money order or personal check, Sorry, I am unable to accept credit cards/paypal at this time."

I'm in Connecticut. When I was shooting IPSC (locally) in the 1990's I typically used bullets by a local (20 minute drive) manufacturer. However, getting back into reloading the past few months I found that manufacturer to have passed away (rumor is lead poisoning).

I have recently tried CB Bullets, and so far am pleased. They are semi-local to me (they are in Maine).

http://www.cbbullets.com/

• 1 month later...

I will forever use Bayou Bullets.

Went to the Bayou Bullets website.

It's a shame they don't take credit cards. Really slows things down when you have to send them a check or money order in the mail.

"Postal Money order or personal check, Sorry, I am unable to accept credit cards/paypal at this time."

Donnie's website is a year plus out of date. He does in fact take credit cards.