Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adapting My New Versa Max for 3-Gun

StealthyBlagga

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to how the Versamax is setup for 3 gun, look to the shops with the most experience. They havent gotten to the top of the game without expertise in gunsmithing. Triangle Shooting Sports, Redneck Tactical and Accurate Iron are by far the best shops in the business.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: After 2 years of match use, my Versa Max finally broke: the hammer snapped into two pieces:

VMHammer2_zps6bb436af.jpg

Of course, the gun is JUST out of its 2 year warranty, and of course the part is not available through Remington's web store, and of course Remington are already closed for the Thanksgiving holiday, so I'll have to call them Monday to order a replacement. As I'm anticipating getting raped on shipping charges, I'll be ordering other spares too... does anyone have any suggestions?

Well who you going to call? Why RNT of course! Back order an M2 hammer where ever. Then zap me your address. Friday I send you a new M2 hammer, and when you get the one you ordered you replace it.

Well who you going to call? Why RNT of course! Back order an M2 hammer where ever. Then zap me your address. Friday I send you a new M2 hammer, and when you get the one you ordered you replace it.

Does this offer extend to those that took a course from you and Trapr? Although, the real Benelli doesn't seem to need parts very often.

That's a helluva offer right there!

Kurt,

That is definetly 'paying it forward'. Part of what makes the firearms/3-Gun community the best folks on the planet.

Best to all and a Happy Thanksgiving.

TC

A benelli M2 hammer can be used too.

Indeed, but Brownells and Midway have none in stock :(

Numrich has Benelli hammers and Versa Max hammers in stock

Thanks for the heads up - I just ordered one of each so hopefully I'll be back up and running in short order.

WOW, thanks for the incredibly kind offer - it's much appreciated. I placed an order for both a VM and M2 hammer, so hopefully I won't have to impose on you. If both sources fall through I will give you a call next week. In the meantime, have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

hey folks, I wish I'd read this before I started work on my new versamax..anyway,I modified my carrier also.It's magnetic, and doesn't take cold blue,so I think it is 17-4ph , a common gun material. When looking at weld wire compatibility charts,If you don't have 17-4,15-5 or 15-7 is a good alternative...that is what I used,and can be welded with 17-4 weld wire.I fit a piece of .063 sheetmetal and tacked it in 3 pl.,then put a purge under the carrier- came out nice and silver. thanks for the headsup about needing to chamfer the edge of the extractor relief..my shotgun was jamming- thought it was the bolt release.Now I need your help: if anyone cut a versamax bbl( 23" looks good) what chokes did you use..please reply asap so I can finish my shotgun

Most Versa-Max barrel's have a .732-.733” bore so some of the common tube threads may work for you. What is the outside diameter of the barrel at the spot you want it cut, and about 2” behind that spot? If the OD at both spots is .845” or larger either Rem-Chokes or Win-Chokes (same as Invector and Accu-choke) will work. If the OD is between .825” to .844” then you'll need Tru-Chokes.

I'm about to start prepping for next season for 3 gun. I have a versamax tactical and it is all stock and was looking into getting the lifter welded but I ran across TTI's accu glide extended carrier for benellis and was wondering if the lifter was interchangeable. I know hammers, safety's and a few other small parts are but no one has mentioned lifters.

It works, but it is made for a 3" receiver, so it is 1/2" short. I have been trying one for practice in my back-up VM, and it works, but for some it might still catch them.

There is a thread on it here somewhere.