Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lube on my connector

Vito Kingsnake

Just wondering what other people think or have experienced.

I shoot IPSC with a G22. I've heard and read that glocks work best with minimal lube. And I've noticed that to be true. But I wounder about the trigger connector (3.5 Lbs.). Glock uses a copper colored paste and in the past I've used a little Mil Tec oil. That only attract dirt.

Should I run the connector a little on the dry side or is their a better way?

I usually clean it after 300-500 rounds.

Slide Glide the crap out of it.

If it's a working gun and where you "work" is very very dusty/sandy then you may not want grease on your gun, but that's the only reason.

*QUOTE*

Dont be afraid to lube the entire gun too and rebel against that glocks need to be dry propaganda nonsense.

I absolutely AGREE, I drench my Glock in oil. I've had 1 malfunction in over 35K rounds, the slide stop lever spring broke and the slide locked back.

Put lub on the connector, the cruciform sear & the striker arm it will help the trigger pull.

[broken Record Mode ON]

The "dry" Glock is really applicable to working guns, where not having lots of grease or oil to build crud up on is a real advantage. It is entirely possible for enough junk to build up in the fire control mechanism for the gun to malfunction when there is grease or any other very sticky substance there. Been there done it, got the t-shirt.

Obviously, for competition this is totally moot.

Consider your end application and apply lube accordingly.

[/bRM]

Dont be afraid to lube the entire gun too and rebel against that glocks need to be dry propaganda nonsense.

That's what I do. Gotta tell ya, the look on the face of the armorer that got to clean my gun at the GSSF match was priceless. :D