Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

From G17 to G22 or G35

Heshin

I know that the G22 or G35 topic has been pretty much covered as I have read the majority of the posts. My situation is that I have been shooting USPSA for about 1 year now using my gen4 G17 and made it to "A" and I would like to start shooting some limited 10 and limited as well as continue in production. With that said will the longer sight radius and weight of the G35 be MORE difficult for me to get used to when going back and forth to my G17?

Not in my experience - and I say tht as someone who bounces back-and-forth between a G17 and G34 at will. BTW the weights of the G22 and G35 are so close that's a non-issue. According to Glock the Model 22 weighs 22.92 ounces without a magazine, the Model 35 weighs 24.52 ounces. I'm not thinking that whopping 1.60 ounces is really going to make a huge difference. ;)

My situation is that I have been shooting USPSA for about 1 year now using my gen4 G17 and made it to "A" and I would like to start shooting some limited 10 and limited as well as continue in production. With that said will the longer sight radius and weight of the G35 be MORE difficult for me to get used to when going back and forth to my G17?

Give it a try, and find out for yourself firsthand... :cheers:

I shot both many times. I ended up with the G22. I didn't notice a differance between the two. I don't think I am a good enough shooter yet to notice the differance. I took the money saved and bought sights, a magwell, mag extensions and a trigger kit. :cheers:

My vote is for the 35. I shoot a G35 in Limited and a G17 for Production. I have no problems going back and forth. In my hands, the G35 is perfect for 40. I of course shot both the G22 and 35 before deciding. I recently bought a G34 and may start shooting that for Production but I shot both my G17 and G34 today and still love the 17 for 9mm. My draw is a couple tenths faster with the 17 but I've been using that for 4 years compared to the 1 day I with the 34.

The G35 is hard to pass up. If it is a match only gun, there should be no question, go with the G35.

If you want a carry gun, the G22 might be a better choice, but you could stick with the G17.

I have a G17 for Production and a G35 for Limited. A G34 is in the future if I stay in Production.

Good luck with your choice.

Nels