Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you guys using for target stands, and how do you store them

Hi all,

We have 50 of these rebar and steel tube target stands. I like them, they are well built, but they just don't stack or nest neatly. So they are just piled up near the front of the flatbed trailer.

Just wondering if you guys have something similar target stand wise, how do you store them on the trailer. We are thinking of making some bracket arms, that the stands would hang from...kinda neatly.

If you have any pictures, that would be great too!

Thanks!

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, J!

I had "done figured it out". Bought the steel tube and made up three prototypes already, that actually nest together. :D

The hand truck/dolly contraption...awesome idea. :cheers:

At another club, they are using ...I think...water sprinkler tubing instead of furring strips. They hold up well and don't splinter or shatter when struck by a bullet.

I make them out of 1" boxtube and 1x2" box tube. Weld the 1x2 1/4" from either end of the cross tube and they will stack fine. More is better than less as people are alwasy throwing them around and if you go too tight they will bind.

If they are going to be stored outside you might want to spend the time, as I did in the ones below, to notch the bottom of the 1x2 so rain will drain out and not remain in the pocket to dump rusty water on someone come match day.

HPIM0728.jpg

HPIM0727.jpg

I make them out of 1" boxtube and 1x2" box tube. Weld the 1x2 1/4" from either end of the cross tube and they will stack fine. More is better than less as people are alwasy throwing them around and if you go too tight they will bind.

If they are going to be stored outside you might want to spend the time, as I did in the ones below, to notch the bottom of the 1x2 so rain will drain out and not remain in the pocket to dump rusty water on someone come match day.

HPIM0728.jpg

HPIM0727.jpg

I like to weld my stick holders to the inside of that cross bar, instead of on top. That way you don't need a notch for water because the bottom is completely open. It also makes knocking out the broken sticks a lot easier.