Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE East Coast Regional 9/25 at Ontelaunee

No rain, interesting stages and the best prize table in years. I was lucky enough to be squaded with Dave and Josh. It was really nice to be able to watch the top shooters for the whole match and get the occasional pro tip.

A shame my shooting didn't hold up to the rest of the day. I stunk so bad you could smell it in Jersey...

Anyway, a great day. Many thanks to all the staff for their hard work. I very much enjoyed it!

I had a lot of fun at this match. I enjoyed all of the stages, and had a great squad to shoot with. Everyone helped with pasting and resetting targets which is always a pleasure to see. I would like to thank all of the people that helped to setup and run the match and especially to the RO's and score keepers for taking time out of their day to help with the match.

The folks at Ontelaunee did a great job hosting the match and the COF was lots of fun!

This was my first ICORE match and only second 'organized/sanctioned' match and enjoyed meeting such a great group of folks. I appreciated all the little tips and pearls I received from the veteran wheel gun shooters, and was well worth the drive to be a part of this event.

My hand still aches from the 175+ rounds over 8 stages, but now understand there are better options than shooting factory 230 grain 45 ACP hardball. Best advice I got.....reload.

The other match I tried, USPSA, was with an 8-shot 627. I now know that a 625 is better suited for USPSA and a 627 should be fine for ICORE.

Best lesson learned....revolvers are fun!

The folks at Ontelaunee are wonderful. Great hospitality, and a sweet gun club setup, in a beautiful country valley. Squad was very helpful and enjoyable to shoot with. No know-it alls, or arrogance. Dave and Josh were a pleasure to shoot with and watch. Dave has to be one of the friendliest sponsored shooters and Grand Masters. Thanks Dave and Josh for RO duties. Most of all, thank you to Tom, his team and the Club for a great time. I would be honored to be a member of your club, if only I didn't hate snow so much. To anyone who thought about going and didn't, you missed out, but more for us who showed. Congrats to the Gun winners, Sweet 686 and SSR's. Folks in Mississippi have bar set high for them.

This was my first major ICORE match, and I had a great time. Thanks to Tom and all of his support team, with a special thanks to Shiela H. who really saved my day by giving me two of her spare batteries for my C-more. If it wasn't for her, I would have been done before I got started.