Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mount for C-More on Ruger MK III?

Flashooter

I was totally off base what I typed before. For some reason I was thinking that from the factory it had only 2 screws and then the rear sight screw. :unsure:

But in reality when I got the gun out of the safe... There are 3 screws and the rear is a dovetail (Im getting old....)

what I did was flip the sight base around backwards, because I did not like the way it overhung the barrel. So I was only using 2 screws. And to combat that I drilled a hole in the ruger logo because that is where the third hole will line up if you flip the base around.

I think it makes for a much cleaner look.

Sorry if I caused any confusion!!

6131486789_9fd1650cc0_b.jpg

6131486745_0d56f8f345_b.jpg

Bill-J; Stage 3; Pinman, Jtaliani --

Many thanx for the photo and to all for your helpful input!

:cheers:

I was totally off base what I typed before. For some reason I was thinking that from the factory it had only 2 screws and then the rear sight screw. :unsure:

But in reality when I got the gun out of the safe... There are 3 screws and the rear is a dovetail (Im getting old....)

what I did was flip the sight base around backwards, because I did not like the way it overhung the barrel. So I was only using 2 screws. And to combat that I drilled a hole in the ruger logo because that is where the third hole will line up if you flip the base around.

• 2 weeks later...

I've done the exact same mod on this same gun using a slide ride c-more. I like having the c-more further back on gun, similar to my open gun. The only drawback is this gun is pretty heavy for steel challenge. I've since gone with a ruger 22/45 with replaceable grips and a tactical solutions top end. Feels like swinging air:P

I'll see if I can't snap a shot of that tonight.

I guess Barry is on the BE forum under "Bearcave" Send him an IM, he can set you up. I think that we may end up carring it in the Nordic Store in the future.

Tim

Someone contact Barry out of Iowa.....he is making a 90degree side mount for the railway C'more that will bolt right on to the Alchin mount. I've got one on my BuckMark....love it.

I've been doing one like that since the first of this year. Using the Allchin mount makes it work on lots of guns besides Ruger. I shoot a Browning.

BMNEW-1b.jpg

Here are some photo's of Barry's mount.....I just have it mounted on the BuckMark in these pictures, but it can be directly mounted to John Allchin's mount so that you wouldn't need the rail rail and get it closer to the bore. I think I paid $40 for the 90 degree mount.

And yes, it will work on a Ruger with or with out the Allchin mount.

post-2749-0-11489800-1317297435_thumb.jp

post-2749-0-59692500-1317297454_thumb.jp

post-2749-0-92354300-1317297469_thumb.jp

Here are some photo's of Barry's mount.....I just have it mounted on the BuckMark in these pictures, but it can be directly mounted to John Allchin's mount so that you wouldn't need the rail rail and get it closer to the bore. I think I paid $40 for the 90 degree mount.

And yes, it will work on a Ruger with or with out the Allchin mount.

post-2749-0-11489800-1317297435_thumb.jp

post-2749-0-59692500-1317297454_thumb.jp

post-2749-0-92354300-1317297469_thumb.jp

Does anyone have a link to a website where I an contact Barry? I'm not finding anything doing a yahoo search.

Barry doesn't have a website, he just does this on his own at the moment. You can contact him on the BE forum as "BEARCAVE" send him a personal message.

Or....if you contact me, I can get you his phone phone number or email address.

Tim

Barry doesn't have a website, he just does this on his own at the moment. You can contact him on the BE forum as "BEARCAVE" send him a personal message.

Or....if you contact me, I can get you his phone phone number or email address.

Tim

Thank you, I was going to buy a mount this weekend so I'll get with him before I order.