Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Palm Scoring II

Rob Boudrie

chris tilley's  program is no where near what the PSS program is all about.

sorry chis..

lynn

The point as I understand it of Chris' sheet is for the super-squad. They enter in each others scores and, barring a miracle on some other squad, know where they all stand at all times. Could work for buddies at a match-- add some extra pressure to know where you are at all times :)

Lynn and Shred,

Thank you both. The Match Magic is not required since I use EzWin , but Chris's program might be nice for us at a match to see how the squad is doing.

Jim

I would caution USPSA clubs against using Match Magic, as USPSA is utilizing specific features of EzWinScore to provide automatic upload of results; classification scores; and import of classifications from the USPSA site. It kind of defeats the purpose of automatic data collection an integration if you fix the front end while breaking the back end.

So Rob, assuming you know something of the internals of EzWS, is there an easy import function?

I'm thinking if we could feed EzWS a delimited file with shooter stage score data in it, then it would be fairly simple to write a PPC program that would turn a PDA into merely an electronic scoresheet-- enter shooter number, tap on hits, enter time, every so often stats comes by and copies the already-shot scores file off and imports 'em into EzWS.

That would make a great stepping-stone for digital match entry-- if people didn't want to mess with it, they could use the paper sheets we all know and love. The only people that would need or use PPCs would be the people/squads/scorekeepers that wanted them, and the rest of the match scoring on EzWS would be disrupted very little compared to the higher hurdle of the complete ASS system.

So Rob, assuming you know something of the internals of EzWS, is there an easy import function?

I'm thinking if we could feed EzWS a delimited file with shooter stage score data in it...

No, there isn't such a thing at this time. Work is proceeding on an import/export path to PSS, amongst other things.