Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting bumped to open from production

Ted Murphy

awesome!

I love that we have an organization that listens to and acts on its member's concerns.

The rule did nothing to help the perception that exists about "too many rules" in our game, and the clarification and response is, imo, a benifit for everyone that regard. "gotcha" type rules are no good for growing the sport.

kudos! :)

-rvb

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is good.

I have a question though...

So my understanding... I walk up to then... "make ready"... I can now pull mags out of my front pocket to load my pistol.

When its all over... "If finished unload and show clear." I can now putm ags back into my front pocket when I unload my pistol.

Now my question.

Since it says its "Production and Single Stack equipment locations are NOT intended to complicate loading before the start signal or unloading." It is still ILLEGAL to have your barney mag in your front pocket after the start signal correct, as that mag is then considered a magazine instead of something related to loading/unloading the pistol?

Or can I now leave the barney in my front pocket as "not to complicate" loading?

Mike.

Yes

This is good.

So my understanding... I walk up to then... "make ready"... I can now pull mags out of my front pocket to load my pistol.

When its all over... "If finished unload and show clear." I can now putm ags back into my front pocket when I unload my pistol.

Now my question.

Since it says its "Production and Single Stack equipment locations are NOT intended to complicate loading before the start signal or unloading." It is still ILLEGAL to have your barney mag in your front pocket after the start signal correct, as that mag is then considered a magazine instead of something related to loading/unloading the pistol?

Or can I now leave the barney in my front pocket as "not to complicate" loading?

Mike.

You can take the charging mag out of your front pocket to load your gun. If you need to use a barney mag then you will need to stow it in your mag pouch that complies with your division requirements. Any mag that is stowed not in compliance after the start buzzer will get you bumped to open. After you are given the ULSC or ICHD command, you are given the ability to store the mag from your gun in your front pocket without penalty. This rule interpretation is not intended to be used as an ability to store a mag in your front pocket during the COF. As its written this is to aid the shooter without penalty at the beginning or the end of your run, not during.

This is good.

Now my question.

Mike.

You can take the charging mag out of your front pocket to load your gun. If you need to use a barney mag then you will need to stow it in your mag pouch that complies with your division requirements. Any mag that is stowed not in compliance after the start buzzer will get you bumped to open. After you are given the ULSC or ICHD command, you are given the ability to store the mag from your gun in your front pocket without penalty. This rule interpretation is not intended to be used as an ability to store a mag in your front pocket during the COF. As its written this is to aid the shooter without penalty at the beginning or the end of your run, not during.

Harry,

Thanks to you and the BOD for responding to these concerns.

Paul

This is good.

Now my question.

Mike.

Thats what I figured.

Thanks,

Mike.

This is good.

Now my question.

Mike.

Harry,

Thanks to you and the BOD for responding to these concerns.

Paul

No problem, its the right thing to do. Nothing more, nothing less, just the right thing.

H!

Second, a question:

So, retrieving a mag from a pocket to drop the hammer on a mag-safety gun is o.k., but placing a mag in a front pocket during unloading in still a move to open?

The way i read the ruling...it's OK to put mag in front pocket during unloading...because the question mentioned that...

I suspect that's what they meant -- but I wish they'd say that, to shortcut the inevitable argument that will ensue somewhere.....

I'm also o.k. with the empty mag, if needed to drop the hammer/striker....

are we still trying to find a way to DQ somebody ?

the reply mention while unloading, is not a emty mag to drop the hammer part of unloading?

Considering it was never about DQ'ing in the first place??? :blink:

Im sorry I stand corrected,

it must have been faster to write DQ then bump to open.

give me a procedural for incompetence, :D

I'm not looking for a way to move folks to open -- just the opposite....

Ah. Excellent. And very clearly stated. Thank you!

The following motion was passed by the USPSA Board in an on-line meeting yesterday:

President moves the BOD to direct the DNROI to issue the following interpretation.

Production and Single Stack equipment locations are NOT intended to complicate loading before the start signal or unloading. (e.g. – a magazine may be retrieved from a front pocket to facilitate loading before the start signal or while unloading at the end of a COF without penalty)

Brilliant!

Easy and makes sense.

Thank You (Pres and BOD)!