Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VV N320

The_Vigilante

Well I just got through ordering a large supply of primers...before the elections started this year. I was planning on reordering my powder when I got down to the last 4lb bottle, but maybe I should start reordering now. N320 is always a hard to find powder and it is not always available.

when you're charging $10-20 more than anyone else, it's easy to keep things in stock.

Hmmm, let's see. 7000 gr per pound, 28000 gr per 4 lb jug, 3.7 gr load - a $20 price differential is .0026 cents per load or $2.64 per thousand. For that premium, I think I will keep buying the powder I want from a source that has it when I want it - but that's just me...YMMV.

Edited by blueeyedme

when you're charging $10-20 more than anyone else, it's easy to keep things in stock.

Hmmm, let's see. 7000 gr per pound, 28000 gr per 4 lb jug, 3.7 gr load - a $20 price differential is .0026 cents per load or $2.64 per thousand. For that premium, I think I will keep buying the powder I want from a source that has it when I want it - but that's just me...YMMV.

small price to pay, I'm just too cheap!

small price to pay, I'm just too cheap!

LoL... cheers! :cheers:

I agree. I am cheap to a point but I ordered 4 1pounders from Powder Valley. Its not a limbo contest and about the entry fee of a local match which most of us dont flinch at.

Don't get me wrong, I lhave lots of love for PV - it's just that they often don't have what I want in stock when I want it. My point is paying a little more - especially in quantity is just not that big a deal. I know everyone understands that...so I will stop talking now. :)

Edited by blueeyedme

Easy to justify the additional cost with pistol loads. Tough for shotgun. :surprise:

And the hazmat is a killer too. Got to order a bunch at once.

True. BUT I ordered 4 one pounders and a flat of small pistol primers Monday night into the wee hours Tuesday bout 2 am and when I got home after work it was all sitting at home (Thurs evening).

Enough powder for about 7500 hundred 9mm and its IN HAND. Thanks Powder Valley. Im not gonna sweat another 15-20 bucks in the big pic.

I like to save money and am not a moneybags but fretting over that little money is silly. For shotgun I can see it. If I loaded shotgun Id find a cheaper powder most likely but since I dont load it I cant say for sure.