Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MP 40 Pro - What pound recoil spring?

mrwhite1

I just ordered a Tungsten Guide Rod for my MP 40 Pro from SSS and was wanting recommendations on what pound recoil spring I should use?

I want something that I can still use factory 180 grain loads with

Edited by mrwhite1

The stock 15lb recoil spring is probably best. You can disassemble the stock guide rod to get the spring out and use it with your Tungsten guide rod. Or simply order a 15lb recoil spring. It would probably be best to try a 13lb and a 15lb and see which one feels and works the best for you.

Someone sent me the info that SSS stands for Speed Shooters Specialties. Thanks. I lost the email and do not know how to use the messaging with this BB. :mellow: Got a rod and some springs from SSS. :cheers: Plan to use the 13 lbs spring in a 9mm Pro this week end at a match. :D Yes I test fired and it works great. If I could only work as great. ;) Will test the 40 too.

Edited by shotslow

Someone sent me the info that SSS stands for Speed Shooters Specialties. Thanks. I lost the email and do not know how to use the messaging with this BB.

When you open the forum home page, scroll down to "Dealer's Forum" and click on Speed Shooters Specialties. When page opens, click on their advertisment/link @ top of page!