Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
benos

Best Quality Kitchen Faucet

My kitchen faucet is 9 years old, and it's leaking from pretty much every place possible. So I'm just going to replace the whole thing. Any recomendations on the best quality, Single-handle faucet would be appreciated.

be

Id be interested too. We are renovating our kitchen and this is the only thing we haven't bought yet. Kitchen faucet. There is just too many and I dont understand why.

I've had good luck with Delta and Moen. Speaking from experience it is best if you take the SO with you. That way you won't bring home one that she doesn't like. :rolleyes:

9 years is not that old.

Kolar is higher priced and is worth the extra cash , Home D and Lowe's have good prices on them.

If you know what you want you can get good on line prices from www.needplumbingsupplies.com

The photos are good on the web site

I have even purchased a large claw foot tub from them

My plumber swears by Delta. I have one in the kitchen and just bought a new one for the bathroom remodel. Very happy with both so far.

Delta and Moen are the best in the reasonably priced category.

Geeeze, I'm agreeing with Jamie? I used Kohler for both the kitchen and bath when we remodeled 5 years ago. Excellent quality on all counts.

Delta, Moen, & Price Pfister all carry lifetime warranty. I have had delta for 13 years now with no issues. 95% of all 3 brands are manuf. in china anyways, you can find a couple manuf. in mexico.

Brian,

I've been the Sales Mgr. for a private new home builder for almost 15 years. Closed over 1500 homes in that time in our small town. We use Delta faucets on all of our homes in all price ranges. From the $90's to $500 +. I can't remember a single call regarding a bad faucet.

The drought, believe it or not is hard on the new style facets.

What happens is the city pipes break and leaks, The city repairs the pipes "But" sometimes small sand particles are washed into the pipe. NOt supposed to happen . or what is more common is the pressure varies and the variation causes rust particles to break off the inside of the pipes in our home.

Ether way the end result is this Crud scratches up the and blocks the sink valve causing it to leak or not work so good.

every now and thin I can disassemble one and clean it out to make it work again.

The City will say that the pipes stay clear of any thing inside, but I have a few clients that are victims more than twice the a few days after city problems.

Kolar is at the top of line on faucets. the others are fine and good for the price, and what I put in my own home.

Edited by AlamoShooter

Now days it seems that the economy versions are very flimsy and the ones that are made well are very expensive.

We recently had our kitchen sink faucet go out and since we are planning a major remodel next year, I did not want to spend a lot on something I know will not be reused. I got a Moen from home Depot and it is very light weight which kinda bugs me but it seems to be well made.

The reason we got the Moen was how it looked. ( See DMS42's comment above ) It went in fine and have had no issues.

What happens is the city pipes break and leaks, The city repairs the pipes "But" sometimes small sand particles are washed into the pipe. NOt supposed to happen . or what is more common is the pressure varies and the variation causes rust particles to break off the inside of the pipes in our home.

Ether way the end result is this Crud scratches up the and blocks the sink valve causing it to leak or not work so good.

Very true. If you have a good Regulator with a trap that uses the polymer screen, you can stop the sediment from coming into your system. Clean out the trap once a year.

If you have a lot of turbidity, the ceramic disks in the Moen are much more durable than the plastic ones in the Kohlers.

For Brian, I assume you are on Phoenix water, which is pretty decent most of the time. They do sanitize the wells sometimes which increases the oxidative effect on the polymers, and is another reason to go with the Moen with the ceramic cratridge.

We replaced all the faucets in the house about 6 years ago with Kohler single handle ones and we are very happy with them. A little pricier than other brands but worth it IMHO.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

It sounds like, quality wise, I'll be okay with either Mohen, Delta, or Kohler... I'll be heading to home depot in a bit.

be

We had a Moen in the kitchen which started to leak after about 8 years. I recently replaced it with a Delta pull-out faucet with the fancy touch control and really like it. Installation was a snap and the instructions were very clear and understandable. The construction and quality of the faucet seemed very good. The price was also surprisingly good at Home Depot for having the advanced features.

I just flagged a Delta install. Which was sooooo much easier than any previous kitchen faucet install, due to my new knowledge and purchase of the Basin Tool! Being a tool-guy, how could I have not known of that tool's existence - all my life!? I would have been cusing, chisling, and hammering at those corroded on nuts for a couple hours without it.

be

I just flagged a Delta install. Which was sooooo much easier than any previous kitchen faucet install, due to my new knowledge and purchase of the Basin Tool! Being a tool-guy, how could I have not known of that tool's existence - all my life!? I would have been cusing, chisling, and hammering at those corroded on nuts for a couple hours without it.

be

When you need one, they're worth their weight in gold.

Delta, Moen, & Price Pfister all carry lifetime warranty. I have had delta for 13 years now with no issues. 95% of all 3 brands are manuf. in china anyways, you can find a couple manuf. in mexico.

Delta, Moen, Kohler, Price Pfister are all top quality products...Also look into American Standard...Any of these will serve you for a very long time. All can be repaired with a $5 kit from any good plumbing supply store. When my dad was a plumber, he made a very good profit by just replacing the O rings in the fixtures....They do eventually wear out to where a parts kit won't fix them, but they will generally outlast most persons interest in a home (they move before they have to be replaced)...

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

It sounds like, quality wise, I'll be okay with either Mohen, Delta, or Kohler... I'll be heading to home depot in a bit.

be

I am a self employed Plumbing & Heating Contractor. I do remodel and repair work. Been self employed for 19yrs so I have installed and serviced more faucets than most see.

Stay away from Kohler. Parts change every 5 yrs or so and they are over priced for what they are.

Delta seem to be getting better, but after about 6yrs, the brass on the spout leaks.

Moen is the better of the three and have a great warranty.

When my mother needed a new faucet, I told her to let me pick it out and I would pay for it. I installed Grohe

The Grohe faucet is one nice heavy piece of brass and the interior parts seem to hold up the best. I bought the Grohe Lady Lux and it is still like new. LINK Faucet direct also offers free shipping.

Good luck

Edit to add: Looks like I was a little late to the party :devil:

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

Edit to add: Looks like I was a little late to the party :devil:

Thanks anyway Gary. I can refer back to this thread in about 6 years...

:D

Good stuff! Confirms what I have been thinking for the next kitchen faucet. The Price-Pfister that has been in there about 7 years is dying and I can't find parts for it locally. Of course the wife thinks we should replace the cabinets, sink and counter top at the same time. And you can't just put the old dishwasher back in with all the new cabinets... Sigh...

Guess I know what she's getting for Christmas. :devil:

I've heard the Delta stuff you buy in the big box stores is not the same quality as what the regular hardware and plumbing supply stores sell. Anyone know if that is true?

I've heard the Delta stuff you buy in the big box stores is not the same quality as what the regular hardware and plumbing supply stores sell. Anyone know if that is true?

The Delta and Moen faucets are NOT the same as sold in a professional supply house. The SKUs don't even show up in the catalogs I use.

Most manufacturers of plumbing fixtures manufacture a "Home Center" line. Easiest way to compare is a bath faucet. The home center models have plastic drain assemblies while the models I purchase at my suppliers have brass assemblies. That is just one small difference.

Toilets are different as are tubs and sinks. I recently went to a customer's house because the whirlpool faucet does not work properly. Guess what? American standard from Home Depot. Parts for the faucet are not available and faucet is built into the tubso the whole thing has to be replaced.