Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another USPSA 1st timer

Rob Traynham

Iam wanting to head out to a local match here in the Tampa Bay area on Sunday. My question is, should I bring my gear and shoot or should I just go and observe? I have shot IDPA before and loved it, and now interested in USPSA, and getting some more trigger time. What do all you veterans out there recommend?

Also get in touch with the club ahead of time if you want to shoot. Some club want to do a safety check the day before, other will do a safety check the morning of a match, and others don't even bother with a safety check. Letting them know that you've shot IDPA for a while will make things smoother because of your familiarity with range commands, and gun handling.

Thanks for the info. I emailed my local club, and already received a reply encouraging me to just come out and shoot and enjoy myself. I appreciate the responses. They also had a link to an introduction to competitive shooting put on across the bridge. Did anyone else do something like this in the beginning, and did it help you out if you did.

So I went out a shot today, and I'm hooked. I wasn't given the option to join USPA at the match so I did it when I got home. I take it that todays match won't count towards a classification because I wasn't aready a member before I shot but I loved every minnute of it? I was gonna shoot IDPA next weekend, but I think I'm gonna drive a little further and shoot USPSA again. Thanks to everyone who responded, and as soon as I get the results from todays match I will post them.

Not to get off track here...but I have a relevant question.

I shot a match on Aug 21st, put down pending, and on that Friday I finally got my number and called the club. They said they would take take of it, but I still don't see the scores on my profile? I shot another match on the 28th, with my number and that's already in the system. Do I have to wait until Sept. 15th or should I call the club again? I believe I did fairly well on the classifier, which is the only real reason I care, since I'm obviously not classified yet.

BTW: Congrats...it is VERY addicting!

Edited by polizei1

Not to get off track here...but I have a relevant question.

I shot a match on Aug 21st, put down pending, and on that Friday I finally got my number and called the club. They said they would take take of it, but I still don't see the scores on my profile? I shot another match on the 28th, with my number and that's already in the system. Do I have to wait until Sept. 15th or should I call the club again? I believe I did fairly well on the classifier, which is the only real reason I care, since I'm obviously not classified yet.

BTW: Congrats...it is VERY addicting!

Classifications are only updated once a month. Generally soon after the tenth or so I think.