Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

For DILLON CV-2001 and Stainless Steel Tumbling Media

I noticed a tumbler being used with Stainless Steel lock pins and balls of various shapes and size, combined with some water and soap doing a superb job of cleaning brass inside and out.

with the primer removed even the primer pocket is polished clean with no carbon residue. My question is can the vibratory cleaner CV-2001 utilize the stainless steel as a cleaning media?(without the water of course.)

Would the additional weight of the stainless steel media be too much for the Dillon CV-2001?

just keep your dillon vib. tumbler . and do what i did got the thumbler tumbler on e bay cheap and purchased the stainless media from bufflo arms and you wouldn't belive how nice they turn out.talked to few guys on this forum and after that i spent the money and and now i wouldn't go back my cases have never been this clean .

I noticed a tumbler being used with Stainless Steel lock pins and balls of various shapes and size, combined with some water and soap doing a superb job of cleaning brass inside and out.

with the primer removed even the primer pocket is polished clean with no carbon residue. My question is can the vibratory cleaner CV-2001 utilize the stainless steel as a cleaning media?(without the water of course.)

Would the additional weight of the stainless steel media be too much for the Dillon CV-2001?

If you want to use SS media get the Thumblers rotating tumbler or something equivalent, Vibratory units do not work with SS media. I just used my Thumblers unit for the first time and will never use anything else. It's one of the products that what they say on there web site is the same as what you will experience at home.

Harry

I have seen where people have bought the small PVC-drummed concrete mixers and used liquid media, to include the stainless steel stuff.

They run about $200 from places like Northern Tool and Harbor Freight.

Using a media with water will instantly void your warranty. The CV series case cleaners are not watertight.

Thanks. My question was without the liquid but I think some of the fellows have convinced me that the tumbler is best.

For those who are now using the Stainless steel media, what size and type media do you recommend?

I have seen the stainless lock pins available and those unusual shaped semi-round as well as shot of various diameters.

Go to www.pelletsllc.com they will know what you need. I bought 5# from them and it was shipped fast and cost less than from Buffalo. IIRC, the cost was $25 for 5#, roughly $30 shipped. I think the length of the SS media about 1/4".