Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark Otto 2 x shell carrier

BDB

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone that is up to speed on the MGM Ironman match know if these are legal for that comp? I'm not sure how long they've been out for...did anyone see them being used at the 2011 Ironman? Planning on going this year and need to get something. But would hate to have to get shell caddies when it sounds like this system is a lot faster to run!

Thanks!

Charlzilla

Edited by Charlzilla

Does anyone that is up to speed on the MGM Ironman match know if these are legal for that comp? I'm not sure how long they've been out for...did anyone see them being used at the 2011 Ironman? Planning on going this year and need to but would hate to have to get shell caddies when it sounds like this system is a lot faster to run!

Thanks!

Charlzilla

Ironman is pretty much anything goes as far as support equipment.

Does anyone that is up to speed on the MGM Ironman match know if these are legal for that comp? I'm not sure how long they've been out for...did anyone see them being used at the 2011 Ironman? Planning on going this year and need to but would hate to have to get shell caddies when it sounds like this system is a lot faster to run!

Thanks!

Charlzilla

I remember reading in the rules something about ammo being stored on the belt or waistline? That's why I ask...

Does that mean as long as it attaches to your belt, or whatever you make lock on your belt with a Tek-Locks, ELS or if you can dream it up as long it’s on your belt? I have some Ideas :devil:

How much is your setup Mark? PM if you dont want it in here...

Thanks,

Steve

My friend Scott got one of these and is killing everyone on stages with a lot of reloading. It should almostpbut you in a different class. lol He practiced a lot and can go from his shoulder, drop the gun to load it, load 8 round,s and bring the gun back to his shoulder in just under 5 seconds. Does that sound fair. It will be once I get one. I think it is huge advantage and a great product.

• 2 weeks later...

The Mark Otto load 2 is a awesome setup with very little practice (just getting used to flipping shotgun up on my shoulder) 6 seconds strong hand reload 8 shells and sometimes 5 seconds no way I could do this from my caddies. Mark is a great guy to do business with and he stands behind his products..

Edited by Miker

ceejayex,

I just got mine from Carbon Arms last night (8rd not 12rd). haven't had time to try it out yet but it looks really well made. very substantial. I like that you can load traditional weakhand as well as two up. IMO good product.

• 2 months later...

I got my belt in from mark last week and have been working with it a bit. First off, Mark is GREAT to work with! Second, the belt is well built. I do not have a timer here but I can tell a big difference in loads off the belt stronghand vs. load 4 weak hand with load 2 winning out. Well worth the small investment.

Yes my system works with all shotgun's Pump or Auto's or any shotgun. Wait not the Mag Fed shotgun's :roflol:

I'm contemplating getting started in 3-gun, and at first I'll be using a stock 870. Does this loading method work with a stock pump action?

Thanks!

Charlzilla

I remember reading in the rules something about ammo being stored on the belt or waistline? That's why I ask...

Matt Burkett used a vest version last year at Ironman that I think was from carbon arms

I bought one of Mark's set up and with a few nights practice(3), I am in the 6 second range for 8, which is a little over half the time of my strong hand reloads.

I am really impressed with the GTO... heading to the practice range tomorrow to go through a box of shells.

Matt

• 1 month later...

I have had my rig for a few weeks. I must say it has completely changed my game. I am doing reloads consistently under 5 seconds and occasionally under 4 seconds for eight rounds shoulder to shoulder. Timed with the ipsc shot timer app. I still have intermittent bobbles.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just got me a weight lifters belt and cut the back leather and pulled it open. I then purchased plastic electric tube wall holders (no idea what you guys would call them) and drilled holes in the belt for the screws to fit through. After they were fitted, I glued the back leather back. In other words: I made my own belt and was done for about 50 Bucks. I will probably add a few more holders so I can carry more.

Just make sure that you can fit your fingers in between the holders easily or you'll damage your skin when grabbing the rounds.

post-26130-0-16299700-1353152261_thumb.j

Edited by Ulwembu

• 2 weeks later...

I just got me a weight lifters belt and cut the back leather and pulled it open. I then purchased plastic electric tube wall holders (no idea what you guys would call them) and drilled holes in the belt for the screws to fit through. After they were fitted, I glued the back leather back. In other words: I made my own belt and was done for about 50 Bucks. I will probably add a few more holders so I can carry more.

Just make sure that you can fit your fingers in between the holders easily or you'll damage your skin when grabbing the rounds.

post-26130-0-16299700-1353152261_thumb.j

Great idea!

Would you please post a few close up pictures of this rig?

Thanks, Steve