Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark Otto 2 x shell carrier

BDB

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. It will still take some practice, but probably 50% less than trying to perfect the 4 shell caddie reload. Everyone I've shown it to likes the concept. They may not like the Otto rig for one reason or another, but they seem to like the concept of the loading technique.

My only critique on Mark's rig is that I'm thin and the 22shell rig is quite wide. That is an easy fix though. I'm contemplating making it an 18 shell rig. I would do it by cutting off the two holders on one end, then recut the slot for the belt. That gives me two 8 round reloads with two "oh-ish" rounds in case I drop one. If I should ever need more ammo than that, I'll throw a caddie or two on the belt. Making it thinner also helps make it flatter for easier storage. I'm also looking at slicing it right down the middle and adding a hinge.

I like it. It will still take some practice, but probably 50% less than trying to perfect the 4 shell caddie reload. Everyone I've shown it to likes the concept. They may not like the Otto rig for one reason or another, but they seem to like the concept of the loading technique.

My only critique on Mark's rig is that I'm thin and the 22shell rig is quite wide. That is an easy fix though. I'm contemplating making it an 18 shell rig. I would do it by cutting off the two holders on one end, then recut the slot for the belt. That gives me two 8 round reloads with two "oh-ish" rounds in case I drop one. If I should ever need more ammo than that, I'll throw a caddie or two on the belt. Making it thinner also helps make it flatter for easier storage. I'm also looking at slicing it right down the middle and adding a hinge.

Thanks for the info man! You never cease to amaze me with your innovative mind and abilities!

Guys, we need to stop talking up Mark Otto's shell carrier and the GRiTS loading.

Already 2 shooters in my club have gotten Mark's belt after seeing mine. They had just bought the 4X4 carriers and now are going to switch their loading technique to the GRiTS. There goes my shotgun stage advantage! LOL!

I emailed Mark and he got back to me later same day. Told him what i wanted and he just asked where i wanted it shipped, invoice was in the box. He did not know me from Adam!! Good product and good guy to do business with!

Jim M.

PS Mark check is in the mail!! :roflol:

Thanks abunch :cheers:

Guys, we need to stop talking up Mark Otto's shell carrier and the GRiTS loading.

Already 2 shooters in my club have gotten Mark's belt after seeing mine. They had just bought the 4X4 carriers and now are going to switch their loading technique to the GRiTS. There goes my shotgun stage advantage! LOL!

I think I should get one for free for coming up with the GRiTS acronym!! Had a beer or 10 that night!

Edited by cworks

Ok I will ship all the parts to you and can build them LOL It's a lot of fun building stuff that shooter want just wish my full time job was not getting in the way of gear building, but you have to love Prison Life. But the real name of the vest is GTO Ty came with the name but I will buy a beer :cheers: .

I think I should get one for free for coming up with the GRiTS acronym!! Had a beer or 10 that night!

Thanks for the feedback on the rig. Would you mind measuring it so I can figure out how it would fit on my body?

Thanks!

Ok I will ship all the parts to you and can build them LOL It's a lot of fun building stuff that shooter want just wish my full time job was not getting in the way of gear building, but you have to love Prison Life. But the real name of the vest is GTO Ty came with the name but I will buy a beer :cheers: .

Mark, thanks for getting me the GTO so quickly. One day of "GRiTS" and I'm faster than I was loading four weak hand. Maybe the shotgun stages can be more about shooting than loading with the playing field leveled a bit.

Ty gentry has been useing one for about a year now & does a shot, reload 8 & shot in about 4.5 sec's.

Watching Ty shoot the Benelli side match at the ProAm 3gun is what really sold me on it. I was poopah'ing it (to myself) when I first saw the chest rig. That lasted about 30 minutes because after I saw Ty shoot the side match 4 seconds faster than I did I was open to the new (for me) concept. I figured 6 seconds for 8 shells was totally doable with minimal practice. 4.5 for 8 is awesome!

Ty gentry has been useing one for about a year now & does a shot, reload 8 & shot in about 4.5 sec's.

I don't doubt what you say is true , it appears to be a great product ,

but a video would sell alot of shell carriers like the one that Keith G.

posted for the AP custom double stack shell carriers

It might even get me excited enough to buy one. :goof:

Just got my Otto 2x carrier in today. I was normally around 8 seconds shot to shot pulling from 4 round caddies, and with a dozen runs this evening with the Otto 2x I was beating a 6 second par time. B)

Edited by rboyes