Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 4 Glock 34 Holster Question

zsavage81

I'm trying to order a holster for the gen 4 34 I just picked up and have a question. I have a couple bladetech's that I like just fine for other guns, but I see everyone talking about the comptac's and a few buddies that run them and like them a lot so I figured I'd try one out. BUT On their site it says that their 34 holster won't fit a gen 4 34 because the dust cover is slightly larger on the gen 4's. No big deal I say, I'll just grab a bladetech, but now it's got me thinking, will the bladetech fit the new larger dust cover? I've tried to search and can't find anything about it, bladetech's website doesn't say anything about it. So I thought I'd check here to see if anyone knew for sure if the gen 4 34 would fit in the current model bladetech holster? If not who makes a holster that will fit?

I am in the process of obtaining a holster for my just acquired Gen 4 Glock 34.

Spoke to Comp-Tac this morning, They state that they do not have a holster to fit the Gen4, but will be making one (no time estimate yet, but shortly)

Spoke to Blade Tech this morning and they will make a holster for your Gen 4 (they also state it is a different size from a Gen 3.

Bob

I too spoke with comp-tac to see if they would alter their holster for my gen 4 G35 and the said that wouldn't be possible... So I went with the Blade Tech Black Ice DOH which has been great!

So was the bladetech specific for a gen 4 or do their holsters fit both gen 3 and gen 4's? I emailed bladetech and they said they could make a holster for me, but I was hoping I could grab something off the shelf so I could shoot a match with the 34 this weekend.

Comp-Tac's website says they will take down the note that their holsters don't fit the gen 4 once they have one that does. I'm sure they are working on one, I just don't want to wait.

I too spoke with comp-tac to see if they would alter their holster for my gen 4 G35 and the said that wouldn't be possible... So I went with the Blade Tech Black Ice DOH which has been great!

So was the bladetech specific for a gen 4 or do their holsters fit both gen 3 and gen 4's? I emailed bladetech and they said they could make a holster for me, but I was hoping I could grab something off the shelf so I could shoot a match with the 34 this weekend.

Comp-Tac's website says they will take down the note that their holsters don't fit the gen 4 once they have one that does. I'm sure they are working on one, I just don't want to wait.

Im sure the holster that i have was for the Gen 3 gun, however my gen 4 fits. I was unaware that they would be making a Gen 4 specific holster. But like I said the gen 3 holster works great with my Gen 4.

I'm also using a non Gen 4 specific Black Ice with my Gen 4 G34. Got both 2 weeks ago and seems to work fine. After seeing this thread I checked the extended part of the slide where the recoil rod comes out and it's already showing quite a bit of holster wear. Looks like there's just enough room in the Black Ice to acommodate the larger part of the Gen 4 slide but it's rubbing.

i think its because the portion under the barrel (excuse my ignorance and lack of terminology) is larger.

I very well could be wrong

edit: sorry i couldn't find a better picture. but i think this will work

i think its because the portion under the barrel (excuse my ignorance and lack of terminology) is larger.

I don't mean to be an arse, but I think you are wrong. :sight:

If you look at the picture of the slide versions, they will pass the whole dust cover through. We know that Gen4 G17s fit in Gen3 G17 holsters. So the outside dimensions of the dust cover is not different from Gen3 to Gen4, only the size of the RSA is different. So if the dust cover passes through on a slide version(was this the part you missed :unsure:) of a Gen3 holster, the new Gen4 game guns should also fit.

Edited by PistoleroJesse

I was told by comptac that the "dust cover" was larger on the gen 4's and that is why it did not fit the gen 3 holsters. I went ahead and ordered the gen 4 holster from bladetech. Should only have 2 more weeks to wait before I can shoot some matches with this thing.

I'm also using a non Gen 4 specific Black Ice with my Gen 4 G34. Got both 2 weeks ago and seems to work fine. After seeing this thread I checked the extended part of the slide where the recoil rod comes out and it's already showing quite a bit of holster wear. Looks like there's just enough room in the Black Ice to acommodate the larger part of the Gen 4 slide but it's rubbing.

if its rubbing a little application with a heat gun will take care of that. I don't think the dust covers are different. they need to be standard to fit the same lights

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered and received a blade tech DOH holster for my new gen 4 g34. It fits perfectly and doesn't look like it's rubbing anywhere that it's not supposed to. This wasn't a gen 4 specific holster either.

Ymmv I guess, but the gen 3 holster definitely worked fine with my gen 4.

When I spoke to our agency Glock rep, he told me one of the great things is that externally the gen 4 and 3 are nearly identical dimensions. He was trying to upgrade our department to sell our gen 3s and get gen 4s and a plus was that we didnt need to buy new holsters. That being said I have two gen 4s, a 17 and a 35 and both of which fit in all of my glock holsters I have perviously with gen 3 guns. That includes my Bladetech, Safariland concealment, duty, and tactical holsters, all of the Blackhawk and milt sparks too. I haven't taken the micrometer to them but I have not had a new gun not fit in an old holster yet.

Take care,

Dave