Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Paint in the mag well legal?

Paul-the new guy

Dumb question...

What is the paint for? To make a contrast line when changing mags?

I thought it would be a help when changing mags. Like you said I thought it would provide contrast and help get the magazine centered in the mag well. In reality I don't think it helps me very much.

I painted a stripe of white inside the magwell of my Glock 35 that I am planning on shooting in the IDPA World championship match. Is it legal to have it there or do I need to remove it? Here is a picture:

IMAG0326.jpg

It is clear to me you are trying to add extra weight to the gun to make an unfair weight advantage. This paint adds what .003 of a grain? Clearly this would be enough to DQ you from the match... :D:D:D

Seriously I don't know of any rule violations that this breaks. I would say leave it on there.

• 3 weeks later...

I was shooting a match in Venezuela in 2006, using a Browning High Power.... I had a stripe of black duct tape in the web of my shooting hand as the gun is a biter. One guy kinda eyeballed it suspiciously and questioned me as to the legality of having that thing on my hand, thinking I intended it as some kind of visual registry aid. Told him it was to keep from bleeding on the gun and that I was using the sights for registry....

Edited by Ned Christiansen

I was shooting a match in Venezuela in 2006, using a Browning High Power.... I had a stripe of black duct tape in the web of my shooting hand as the gun is a biter. One guy kinda eyeballed it suspiciously and questioned me as to the legality of having that thing on my hand, thinking I intended it as some kind of visual registry aid. Told him it was to keep from bleeding on the gun and that I was using the sights for registry....

That's the reason I didn't get involved in this sport earlier. Some people at my local range were so serious about a fun Sunday morning shoot that isn't sanctioned. But thankfully I meet a fun group to shoot with.