Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost Stinger Holster

D__

The only concern of mine, and I can't tell from the picture, does it carry the gun high enough. Remember in SS the front strap of the gun must be at or above the top of the belt, except on females which has a different measurement.

As far as Production, it appears fine, since that division allows for a lower carry.

The best thing to do is read the USPSA rules in the appendix for each division and then compare the holster to the rules.

Gary

It looks like it is adjustable enough that it would be okay but hard to tell just from pictures. Ghost claims it is appropriate for this divisions but that may just be some marketing doofus making stuff up. I'd want to go hands on before I trust a big match to one.

I have one for my Shadow and do not care for it at all. Fit of the holster body is very poor, much too tight. Ride height can be adjusted between low, very low, and extremely low. With the "outward" cant/tilt adjusted to be vertical, the grip exceeds the 2" to the inner belt rule for Production division. Adjusting the can't inward will get you there, but the adjustment does not hold up to agressive downforce on the draw stroke.

However, I will note that the mounting plate configuration at your link is notably different than mine as delivered, and as is pictured on CZCustoms website, where I purchased mine.

Edited by Jay870

I have one for my Shadow and do not care for it at all. Fit of the holster body is very poor, much too tight. Ride height can be adjusted between low, very low, and extremely low. With the "outward" cant/tilt adjusted to be vertical, the grip exceeds the 2" to the inner belt rule for Production division. Adjusting the can't inward will get you there, but the adjustment does not hold up to agressive downforce on the draw stroke.

Rule 5.2.5 doesn't say that the measurement is from from the inner belt to the grip. All that is required is from the inner belt at the point of attachment to "the nearest body-side surface of the handgun". That surface can be the slide.

5.2.5 Where a Division specifies a maximum distance that a competitor’s handgun and equipment may extend away from a competitor’s belt, the measurement shall be taken in the following manner:

— perpendicular to the belt at the point of attachment to the belt

— from the inner most surface of the belt equipment (against the pants/body) to the nearest body-side surface of the handgun and/or any reloading device.

Rule 5.2.5 doesn't say that the measurement is from from the inner belt to the grip. All that is required is from the inner belt at the point of attachment to "the nearest body-side surface of the handgun". That surface can be the slide.

5.2.5 Where a Division specifies a maximum distance that a competitor’s handgun and equipment may extend away from a competitor’s belt, the measurement shall be taken in the following manner:

— from the inner most surface of the belt equipment (against the pants/body) to the nearest body-side surface of the handgun and/or any reloading device.

On my pistol, the grips are wider than the slide, and constitute the "nearest body-side surface of the handgun".

5.2.5 Where a Division specifies a maximum distance that a competitor's handgun and equipment may extend away from a competitor's belt, the measurement shall be taken in the following manner:

On my pistol, the grips are wider than the slide, and constitute the "nearest body-side surface of the handgun".

Oh that's too bad. I can see why you're disappointment with that holster system. sad.gif

Lately, I've been seeing some production shooters mounting holsters directly behind the front of the hipbone instead of near the side seam of the pants. At that position the outward cant doesn't have to be as severe. Will that bring the gun in closer for you?

5.2.5 Where a Division specifies a maximum distance that a competitor's handgun and equipment may extend away from a competitor's belt, the measurement shall be taken in the following manner:

Oh that's too bad. I can see why you're disappointment with that holster system. sad.gif

Lately, I've been seeing some production shooters mounting holsters directly behind the front of the hipbone instead of near the side seam of the pants. At that position the outward cant doesn't have to be as severe. Will that bring the gun in closer for you?

I was under the impression that a dropped offset holster was not authorized at the Single Stack Classic because it did not fit the 'everyday use' provision. If I were a Match Director I would not allow this holster in Single Stack Division. Appendix D5 '20'.

I was under the impression that a dropped offset holster was not authorized at the Single Stack Classic because it did not fit the 'everyday use' provision. If I were a Match Director I would not allow this holster in Single Stack Division. Appendix D5 '20'.

For the DOH holsters, they aren't authorized for Single Stack Division because the drop puts the front strap below the top the belt. The D5.20, but the second bullet point, rather than the first.

As I said earlier, except for female shooters.