Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 5.25 and it's ammo

kriskexplorer

The best value is Winchester WWB (walmart white box) bulk 100 packs..I'm not sure it's the "best" but it's an option, I've never had a problem with quality.

It's easy and convienient to get..your mileage may vary. I started out using this, and have since switched to 147 gr. handloads..when I run out of the handloads

I just buy some WWB.

Edited by Standby!

For N320 and 147gr 9mm bullets I would start around 3.6 and work your way up. With Montana Gold 147's you may have to up the charge a few tenths to get them to go the speed you need. That is the load that I picked up from this board and I use with my 9mm M&P pro with Bayou 147's. If you use the search in the 9mm forum for "N320" you should pull up several hits.

As to the Winchester white box, It will work but several people on this board, myself included, have had hit accuracy issues at longer ranges (15 yards Plus) with WWB ammo.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered and got 150 each of the Win White box 124s and 147s to see what the feel like. This is my first 9 in many years so its all a new thing. Then I get to buy conversion stuff for the 650

I'm curious as well, but also would like to know if anyone has cooked up any load recipes with n320 ? I'll be using 147 gr MG.

I'm using 3.5gr of N320 with 147gr MG at 1.130 OAL. They chrono at 130-132 PF out of my XD9 Tactical, have not put them over the chrono with my XDm 5.25 yet. Very nice shooting load.

Edited by xdnok

I just ran my new 5.25 for the first time for a couple hundred rounds. 115s are definatly more snappy. The diff with WW white box 124 vs 147s was apparant but not overwhelming. But seems like the 147s did better on steel plates. SO I suppose I will be using those soon. Now will it be MG, PD or the Bayou which I know nothing about. Used to shoot black bullets for 45 but I can say one way or another if it was worth the sitcky fingers seems like I always had with those.

I just ran the Remington UMC stuff that comes in the yellow box. 115gr. It made power factor for SSP and shot the whole 15 stage Idaho State IDPA Match with zero malfunctions. Plus, it was cheaper than the winchester white box and softer shooting and lower power factor.

• 2 weeks later...

My XDM and I like 124 MT Gold bullets with 4.5 Universal.

I use 4.4 Universal myself, but the exact same bullet. Its a GREAT load. I have since switched to 147g Berry RN over 3.5 TG, much less barrel flip/recoil it seems, but my backup IDPA round is the 4.4 Univ ober 124 MG JHP

I'm curious as well, but also would like to know if anyone has cooked up any load recipes with n320 ? I'll be using 147 gr MG.

I'm using 3.5gr of N320 with 147gr MG at 1.130 OAL. They chrono at 130-132 PF out of my XD9 Tactical, have not put them over the chrono with my XDm 5.25 yet. Very nice shooting load.

I finally got around to checking my loads in the 5.25 with the chronograph yesterday and they came out to 129-131 PF. So just a tick less than my XD9 Tactical but likely just a difference in the powder lot. Anyway I'm extremely happy with consistency and accuracy of this load and can count on it to work now.............. if I can just keep my part of the deal :rolleyes: