Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21sf or Glock 21 Gen 4?

Flmope

I have been developing a real lust for a Glock 21. My local shop has a NIB Glock 21SF but I a wondering if I should wait for a Glock 21 gen 4 that he doesn't have in stock and isn't too sure when he can get in the shop?

What are the differences between the two models?

Thanks

I have been developing a real lust for a Glock 21. My local shop has a NIB Glock 21SF but I a wondering if I should wait for a Glock 21 gen 4 that he doesn't have in stock and isn't too sure when he can get in the shop?

What are the differences between the two models?

Besides the differences, either pistol will be a great performer :excl: I ended-up with the Glock model 21...and really like it B)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 21sf and really like it a lot. The recoil is really mild even with factory loads. I haven't compared to the gen 4 21 though. I have a gen 4 17 which I like a lot. The biggest difference I could see if the grip size. If the 21sf feels right in your hand, the other updates aren't all that imperative. IMO

I think it would depend on your grip size. I haven't measured both, but it appears to me that the gen 4 21 with no backstrap is the same as the 21sf.

If you need a larger grip size, or grip size flexibility, go with the gen 4. The only other reason i could see might be the improved rsa, but it remains to be seen if its truly improved.

Sent from my Sprint EVO via Tapatalk

I have a 21sf and I love it. That said if I were buying today I would buy a gen 4 unless the price savings was to good to pass up. The gen 4 with no back straps is the same size as the SF model. The gen 4, IMHO, has much better texturing and plus allows you to add backstraps if you want. Also the recoil spring is the new design, when I shot it, it did feel better then my SF. Recoil was a little less "sharp" if that makes sense and muzzle flip appeared less but that was less noticeable then the recoil pulse itself. I also like the mag release on the gen 4s better too. I just wish Glock would have gotten rid of those damn finger grooves, then it would be "perfect."

Take care,

Dave

I have a 21sf and I love it. That said if I were buying today I would buy a gen 4 unless the price savings was to good to pass up. The gen 4 with no back straps is the same size as the SF model. The gen 4, IMHO, has much better texturing and plus allows you to add backstraps if you want. Also the recoil spring is the new design, when I shot it, it did feel better then my SF. Recoil was a little less "sharp" if that makes sense and muzzle flip appeared less but that was less noticeable then the recoil pulse itself. I also like the mag release on the gen 4s better too. I just wish Glock would have gotten rid of those damn finger grooves, then it would be "perfect."

Take care,

Dave

thanks for all the replies. I went with the Gen 4. I got a good blue label deal from my local dealer.

Put 100 rounds through it last Thursday with no issues. I plan on another 100-200 rounds before a Defensive pistol class Oct 15.