Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 On Top Gun Last Night

Triggerbender

Last night they used a raced up G34 but did not say whose work it was in one of the challenges and showed it in the super slow motion.

Anyone else catch this on the tube?

Man that thing whipped around like a wet noodle, the dust cover went every which way on recoil. Makes you say WOW!

One of the earlier episodes in a past season they showed an SV high dollar race gun with optics and you could see the optic mount wiggle around a little but nothing like this.

Yea, that was a Salient, probably a "Tier 1" model. Looking at around $2500...for a Glock...Don't get me wrong, I love Glocks but man I could buy like 5 for that price LOL

Still a very cool gun!

Last night they used a raced up G34 but did not say whose work it was in one of the challenges and showed it in the super slow motion.

Man that thing whipped around like a wet noodle, the dust cover went every which way on recoil. Makes you say WOW!

One of the earlier episodes in a past season they showed an SV high dollar race gun with optics and you could see the optic mount wiggle around a little but nothing like this.

The open gun shown on a past episode was a limcat razorcat, not a SV.

Edited by waxman

if a Glock is "perfection" and the Glock 34/35 is the competition version of that "perfection" then what are you getting for $2500?

It is a sweet looking gun (although the gold accents was a little much) but other than some machine work on the slide what are they really doing?

I always thought that the 34 was pretty much ready to go from the box other than the cheap sights, sure you could do some trigger stuff but compared to the other "competition" production guns (M&P Pro, 5.25, GP6, Beretta Elite) it by far has the best trigger out of the box.

if a Glock is "perfection" and the Glock 34/35 is the competition version of that "perfection" then what are you getting for $2500?

It is a sweet looking gun (although the gold accents was a little much) but other than some machine work on the slide what are they really doing?

I mean, to me, its WAY over priced...But its a good looking gun and I am sure it shoots good (though I would bet you could get the same from a drop in bbl and trigger kit). But If you someone has the money and wants it, hey, go for it lol

If someone has too much money and wants a glock like that, I've got a milling machine - send me your 34 and I'd be happy to fu@k it up like the one they shot last night ;)

~Mitch

My G34 misses all kinds of stuff I "aim" at just fine as it is, thank you LOL

Yeah, I saw the salient glock work stuff in a magazine a while back. Apparently they do some extensive stippling, throw in some trigger parts, sights, and machine the crap out if an already light slide. Oh yeah, they also "fix" any reliability issues and throw an insane price tag on it.

If people are really buying these things, maybe I need to start a rip off company of my own.

I mean, it does look great, but so does a stack of money next to regular glock.

It was nice, but I would take a plain jane Glock 34 over the high price tag and spend the remaining amount on bullets! I think I could practice and get more accuracy than sending it off to a fancy gunsmith. Having said that, Salient makes some nice looking guns!!

I did like how the revolver dude beat the pants off the 'glock' guy. Seems fundamentals mean more when it comes down to it.

The open gun shown on a past episode was a limcat razorcat, not a SV.

I thought that was the brand, wasn't sure when I posted but looks like an SV frame design to me. :cheers:

I really wish they would go into detail on the "reliability package."

Regardless of what it is, a trigger, fancy slide cuts and a gold bbl dont justify the $2000 premium over a stock Glock. You know, the $500 gun that is 99.9% reliable right out of the box.... :cheers:

I have never heard anyone making a Gen 3 Glock more reliable by modifying it. Not for factory ammo. When I saw that write up my thought was "right, they made it more reliable" I bet it jams more often not less often. I am not some "perfection" freak but I really don't know how you can make the G19 and larger glocks more reliable. They are about as good as it gets from the factory.

I have seen alot of glocks made LESS reliable by customizing but never more reliable. For me the best atribute of a glock is its reliability. I mostly shoot 1911 style pistols in competition because I love them, but I carry a Stock glock for personal protection for that reason alone.