Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Virginia handgun purchase wait time!

NovaShooter

So I get a call from Shay (Akai Custom) that he shipped my new Limited gun. My FFL calls me yesterday and says its in, I swing by after work to pick it up. 3 hours later I am still waiting and then decide to go home. Still have not received word that I am cleared.

I remember when this use to take 10 minutes.

Unreal!!!!

I envy you guys. In Jersey, we have to apply for a pistol permit before buying and the wait for the permit alone from our local PD takes around 4 to 8 weeks(in some cases longer) depending on which township you live.

At any rate, congrats on the new pistola!

I had same issue with getting a job, I already had TWIC, and federal clearance all I needed was a state check, that should take 10 minutes or has in the past, I get an email saying the VA state police are backed up and it may take a month or two to get around to it, this is after a month had already passed, Needless to say I wasnt happy, needless to say I let my state senator know how displeased I was. Evidently he let someone in Richmond know how displeased he was, Check was done before the Senator took me off hold.

Alright enough was enough. I made a call to a Trooper that is on our task force. He makes a call and what do you know-It's Approved.

Just picked it up!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's always good having friends in the right places. :cheers: