Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 casefeeder going from 9mm to 40

Need some help in figuring out what parts i need to switch my casefeeder from 9mm to 40. I know I need the case feed adapter for 40. beyond that I am getting some confused on some of the information I am looking at.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by INGOglock34

Below are the actual Case Feed parts needed. My question is do you have the rest of the Changeover Kit? If not just buy that and it includes everything needed for the press, it is P/N 10mm, .40 S&W Conversion - #21098.

CF Arm Bushing, Med Pistol, Red - #13403

CF Body Bushing, Med - #13604

CF Adapter 40 S&W, Purple - #18076

Brian

When you say I don't need anything are you meaning I don't need anything besides the "case feed adapter" I know that I had a 40 case get mixed in my 9mm cases while reloading and the case stopped in the "case feed adapter",

The case feed adaptor is part of the caliber conversion kit, I am thinking that is the purple piece that goes into the top of the press. The plastic bushing that goes into the arm that moves the cases into the press is also part of the caliber conversion kit, as is the aluminum piece that screws into the bottom of the press. Those pieces are all part of changing the press from 9mm to .40S&W. The case feeder has nothing to be changed. The small pistol case feed plate will work fine with the .40 brass. Does this make sense? You do have a caliber conversion kit, right? Should look like this, I don't know what the o-ring is for, I borrowed this picture, I don't have any o-rings in mine:

selling3.jpg

Edited by Paul-the new guy

Need some help in figuring out what parts i need to switch my casefeeder from 9mm to 40. I know I need the case feed adapter for 40. beyond that I am getting some confused on some of the information I am looking at.

Any help would be appreciated.

Since the Shellplates are not the same for 9 and 40 on the 650 (unlike on the 550), my suggestion would be to just buy the Caliber Conversion Kit for 40 - it will have everything you need to convert from 9 to 40. (And the Small Pistol Casefeed Plate will also work for 40.)

be

Thanks everyone. I think i looked at the 550 conversion chart not noticing it was for the 550 only and thought there was different paths other than buying the full conversion kit. My fault. Guess it is time to order a conversion kit.

The clear plastic funnel at the top of the casefeeder was redesigned a few years ago-necessary when the case feed system for the RL550B was introduced. This funnel has a round mouth, as opposed to the rectangular mouth of the previous version. The round version does not require an adapter for 9mm/38 Super.