Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 3 Episode 3 (23Aug11)

ima45dv8

What the Hell did they do with Taran's personality? Way too "Mr. Serious"

+1. When Taran came on, I was look, oh, Taran is hilarious, and my girlfriend was said 'Maybe somewhere else, but he really doesn't do it for me on this show'. I want a movie review segment!

I'm thinking they probably cut out the good stuff from Taran. No way he didn't pull out some of his impersonations while teach lol.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1. When Taran came on, I was look, oh, Taran is hilarious, and my girlfriend was said 'Maybe somewhere else, but he really doesn't do it for me on this show'. I want a movie review segment!

I'm thinking they probably cut out the good stuff from Taran. No way he didn't pull out some of his impersonations while teach lol.

See! Even more evidence that it maybe worth History channel's time and effort to produce 2 versions of Top Shot. Version 1 will be the current mass market, reality TV edition and sold to channels that have general demographics. Version 2 will be a shooter's edition with less talk and drama, and more shooting and technical details that is sold to shooting enthusiasts and sold to channels that have shooters as part of their demographics. If the network were really greedy, they could make the shooter's edition a web download or on demand like deal that people have to pay for.

Absolutely. There is not enough time to show everything. Each show is filmed over 3 days. Day 1: team practice. One team goes in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Day 2: Team challenge in the morning then nomination range in the afternoon. Day 3: elimination practice and then the challenge in the afternoon. A show is about 45 minutes long so all that had to be cut down to fit. Taran was making his usual jokes but they didn't show much of practice.

I am surprised at some things they did not show. During the cannonball run, I fumbled a reload and launched a mag into the air right about the middle of the shoot. It landed on the ground in front of the platform. I grabbed another mag, got the gun running, and went back to work but I lost 3 or 4 balls before I was back on track. I would think that would have made it more dramatic to see me fumble and then try to catch back up but there was no sign of it. When I fall off the log in the 1st show, Gary is standing behind the log. He tries to help me and gives me a push but nobody is on the other side and he throws me off balance and I roll off the log. In out meeting, the first thing we discuss is me falling off the log, Gary says that it was not my fault he pushed me and this is not a lumberjack competition and we move on. It would have been nice to include that 30 seconds in the show so I don't have to take so much crap about it. The first time, I did fall all by myself though. In the second show, there were some misfires with AK47 that were cut out. I would really like to see uncut footage of all the challenges form start to finish. Maybe they will put in the DVDs.

See! Even more evidence that it maybe worth History channel's time and effort to produce 2 versions of Top Shot. Version 1 will be the current mass market, reality TV edition and sold to channels that have general demographics. Version 2 will be a shooter's edition with less talk and drama, and more shooting and technical details that is sold to shooting enthusiasts and sold to channels that have shooters as part of their demographics. If the network were really greedy, they could make the shooter's edition a web download or on demand like deal that people have to pay for.

I rented the "special features" DVD from season one. I was hoping it might show the full challenges unedited. It was just all of the stuff History Channel put on-line. What a disappointment.

In the second show, there were some misfires with AK47 that were cut out.

Is that what happened to Jake on the last part of the run? I could see him working on the gun itself......

Yes, and other things like a penalty to blue team on the first show. Check out Caleb's Gun Nuts Radio interview of Sara for more info on these.

Remember that the people on that show have been eliminated. Maybe everything that is said is not exactly correct.

One example, We did not put Amanda last because she was the best shooter on the rifle.

One example, We did not put Amanda last because she was the best shooter on the rifle.

I would have taken one for the team and volunteered to squad with Amanda. She's a hottie and I would have used the time to try and get here number.

Just sayin...

Being as this is California are the magazines restricted to 10 rounds for the show?

That doesn't apply to 3- gun shooters I guess :devil: I see new ones post all the time from CA and they have regular old AR's, 22 round pistol mags and shotguns that hold 9, which are supposed to be illegal there.

I forget which one it was but somebody just about missed the selection target, I wonder if it has happened but just been edited out? How ya gonna handle it? :unsure:

LOL......if you miss the elimination selection target, that really ought to count as a vote for yourself. devil.gif

LOL! Apparently hitting the wood frame still counted as a vote on the elimination range. From Sarah's interview a couple of weeks ago, apparently she was hitting the wood frames while riding the stage coach, but they didn't count them as hits. Interesting how on a short distance stand and shoot the frame counts, but on a longer distance riding a bouncing platform the frame doesn't count.

I think that the purpose of an exploding target is to make it explode for it to count. Like steel- hit it all day but if it doesn't fall it doesn't count.

I would have taken one for the team and volunteered to squad with Amanda. She's a hottie and I would have used the time to try and get here number.

Just sayin...

I met her and shot a match with her on my squad without knowing she had even been on Top Shot (looked different with dark shooting glasses on all day). I liked her. She was aggressive on every CoF. She didn't always score well but she attacked every stage with a vengeance. You can learn shooting but it's harder to learn speed, so I think she'll do well once she gets a handle on calling her shots.

Even after a couple of crash-and-burns she didn't let them drag her down and she stayed at it. That's hot.

She's very cool.

I met her and shot a match with her on my squad without knowing she had even been on Top Shot (looked different with dark shooting glasses on all day). I liked her. She was aggressive on every CoF. She didn't always score well but she attacked every stage with a vengeance. You can learn shooting but it's harder to learn speed, so I think she'll do well once she gets a handle on calling her shots.

Even after a couple of crash-and-burns she didn't let them drag her down and she stayed at it. That's hot.

She's very cool.

Amanda was a lot of fun. She is every new to shooting. Give her a few more years and she'll be somebody. Her biggest problem, in my opinion, was the weight of the rifle and not being able to bench it. She must weigh 100 lbs herself. I know she had a hard time holding the gun up, after a few misses, I bet it got real heavy and the wind was pretty stiff that day too.

I started in Season 1 enjoying this show. By Season 3, Episode 3, I'm in a very different place. Too much yapping, personalities, more yapping, too little shooting. Short version: More matter & less art!

I call it "Tolerating Top Shot" these days. I do the following:

1. Record on DVR

2. Fast forward to introduction of weapon / practice

3. Fast forward to Challenge.

4. Fast forward to Elimination shoot-off.

5. Have muted at nearly all times to shut Colby Donaldson up.

When I do these things, it works for me!

Agreed - Less Colby, please!

Cliff - he wasn't really commenting at the same time during the competition was he?

He is yelling right along with the shooting. It was very bad during the shotgun shoot because he was right next to the red team. The blue team was on the other side of us so they couldn't hear him very well. He was standing about 10 feet away from out firing point yelling, "and Cliff misses again." That was hard to deal with.

:sight:

Agreed - Less Colby, please!

Cliff - he wasn't really commenting at the same time during the competition was he?

He is yelling right along with the shooting. It was very bad during the shotgun shoot because he was right next to the red team. The blue team was on the other side of us so they couldn't hear him very well. He was standing about 10 feet away from out firing point yelling, "and Cliff misses again." That was hard to deal with.

I did not see Cliff miss very many :cheers:

Jim :D

She's very cool.

Amanda was a lot of fun. She is every new to shooting. Give her a few more years and she'll be somebody. Her biggest problem, in my opinion, was the weight of the rifle and not being able to bench it. She must weigh 100 lbs herself. I know she had a hard time holding the gun up, after a few misses, I bet it got real heavy and the wind was pretty stiff that day too.

These are touching personal experiences, but have done nothing towards getting me her number...

:sight::ph34r::devil: