Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 3 Episode 3 (23Aug11)

ima45dv8

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget which one it was but somebody just about missed the selection target, I wonder if it has happened but just been edited out? How ya gonna handle it? :unsure:

LOL......if you miss the elimination selection target, that really ought to count as a vote for yourself. devil.gif

What the Hell did they do with Taran's personality? Way too "Mr. Serious"

+1. When Taran came on, I was look, oh, Taran is hilarious, and my girlfriend was said 'Maybe somewhere else, but he really doesn't do it for me on this show'. I want a movie review segment!

I forget which one it was but somebody just about missed the selection target, I wonder if it has happened but just been edited out? How ya gonna handle it? :unsure:

LOL......if you miss the elimination selection target, that really ought to count as a vote for yourself. devil.gif

i'm going to have to 2nd that.

i'm going to have to 2nd that.

Yeppers! Cliff rocked the Glock. Im getting a little tired of Michaels running commentary though...

It was Phil who missed the scoring rings and hit the wood border of the elimination target on the first show. We gave him a lot of crap about that.

It's funny. Everyone was worried about being the guy who missed. I think more so that they worried about the real challenges. I tried to get them to shoot one handed at the eliminations, it was not that far (10 yards or so) but nobody wanted to risk it. Chickens.

LOL! Apparently hitting the wood frame still counted as a vote on the elimination range. From Sarah's interview a couple of weeks ago, apparently she was hitting the wood frames while riding the stage coach, but they didn't count them as hits. Interesting how on a short distance stand and shoot the frame counts, but on a longer distance riding a bouncing platform the frame doesn't count.

Edited by Skydiver

Didn't a shooter in season 1 Dot the I in ian on the elimination selection target? It was obviously done on purpose, and missed the "shoot and see" part of the target but still counted.

Does anyone besides me think that the Christian camp counselor (Dustin?)is somehow a ringer? He is supposedly a recreational shooter with no competition/LEO/Military experience. But, he hit the rifle targets with the OBR and AK with one round fired each, shot the best on the shotgun challenge (9 out of 10), and won the elimination challenge by hitting 21 of 24 light bulbs with 1 friendly. It makes me wonder if there is something in his background we are not being told. For dramatic purposes?

Does anyone besides me think that the Christian camp counselor (Dustin?)is somehow a ringer? He is supposedly a recreational shooter with no competition/LEO/Military experience. But, he hit the rifle targets with the OBR and AK with one round fired each, shot the best on the shotgun challenge (9 out of 10), and won the elimination challenge by hitting 21 of 24 light bulbs with 1 friendly. It makes me wonder if there is something in his background we are not being told. For dramatic purposes?

What? Like Jay, the golf instructor, from last season. Apparently he had qualified for the Olympics in archery. Bored with archery, he taught himself how to shoot handguns and rifles. Some people just have some raw talent to learn things quickly and do well.

I know that most of us didn't like him (and perhaps still don't), but still gotta give him credit for being the wildcard last year where some of the competitors were worried that he might suddenly "pull something out of his a**" and win.

Maybe not having prior experience/training on a firearm can be more of a benefit than people think. Just think about how hard it is to Untrain a bad habit. Verses never doing something and being shown the proper way of doing something right out of the gate? Being overconfident in your skills on a particular weapon can build complacency more than anything else, which is not a good situation to be in. With no experience "Baggage" to bring to the table its easy to focus on whats important, which are the fundamentals needed to complete the task at hand.

In what these competitors are tasked with shooting, using random firearms in random shooting challenges/conditions, I would put my money on anyone that is able to quickly absorb what is being trained and focus on perfecting the fundamentals of the task at hand. This combined with a seasoned competition mindset that does not get rattled under pressure will be your winner.

There's definitely a skill to learning. After spending years learning how to shoot I applied the same methods to golf with some decent success. It's just obsessive practice and observation without letting your own opinion get in the way. I wish I knew how to do it when I was young enough for it to matter.

Matt

Cliff, WOW!!!!, fa-fa-fa-an-an-an-tastic. It's always the quiet guys you have to watch out for. Beautiful gun handling. I don't have that kind of composure when I am reading these posts.

Now I have a face to go with the name of one of the guys representing us at World Shoot.

I loved the elimination challenge. It was the kind of thing that a good shooter from any discipline could have won. It was fast, but not so fast that only a speed shooter could have won. And it was accurate, but not so difficult that only a bullseye shooter could have won. As Cliff said, you had to hit 5 plates in 8 seconds. Most people who shoot regularly could do that. But they had to hit all 5 plates every 8 seconds. And keep an eye on the apparatus to keep up with where the cannonballs were to know which plate to shoot next, but don't let that distract you from making the shot you have to make now... The balance between speed, accuracy, awareness and focus was brilliant. It reminded me a bit of watching a stage at the Bianchi Cup, except this thing kept the tension up longer.

A GM will make almost any handgun stage look easy. Cliff may be a revolver guy but the fundamentals of sight alignment and trigger control pass through to any handgun he picks up. Drew never knew what hit him.

I also got a kick out of their saying that they did not know if Cliff could keep up when things got physical being as he is a stand and shoot pistol guy. USPSA is stand and shoot??? :roflol: :roflol:

I think the quote was "static pistol shooter".....hahahaha...

A GM will make almost any handgun stage look easy. Cliff may be a revolver guy but the fundamentals of sight alignment and trigger control pass through to any handgun he picks up. Drew never knew what hit him.

I also got a kick out of their saying that they did not know if Cliff could keep up when things got physical being as he is a stand and shoot pistol guy. USPSA is stand and shoot??? :roflol: :roflol:

I think the quote was "static pistol shooter".....hahahaha...

Yeaaa that was one of the slanderous comments made... apparently not too bad for a paper puncher..