Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 3 Episode 3 (23Aug11)

ima45dv8

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if anything the whole point of a competition trigger is that it's easier to shoot well than a stock trigger.

Depends... If you are used to a moderately heavy trigger with a lot of takeup and are given a light trigger with no takeup, you're likely have the gun go off when you are not suspecting it. IOW, what's enough pressure on a stock gun to prep the trigger will fire a competition trigger.

Agreed that this was not the guy's only issue - trying to shoot cross eye dominant the way he was really killed him, but that was not a Glock he was shooting, it was a race gun and that's a totally different beast or it would not cost as much as it does.

And does anyone besides me think it's odd that they didn't mention what kind of a gun that really was?

You mean like Cliff being used to the a light trigger with no takeup? The dude shoots a wheelgun. It's all takeup and even the competition triggers aren't exactly light. Drew choked and was shanking shots. Just because he's a pistol instructor doesn't mean he can shoot one and certainly not on the level of a USPSA National Champion. Did you see the shot groups on the wood when he was done? He chewed more wood off the frame of that thing than Athena did with the Thompson last season. I was really worried it was going to fall apart in the middle of Cliff's run. And they were almost all low right, exactly where a trigger jerker shooting left handed goes.

Wow if I was a olympic shotgun guy, I would have not been saying anything after going 4 for 15

Not a fan of Micheal but that had nothing to do with his skills as a shotgunner. Hitting flying clays is a very different skill set from shooting slugs at a stationary target. That was basically a rifle challenge with really big bullets. I'd be willing to bet he swapped back to focusing on the target and wasn't even looking at the sights. Just like I swap back to looking at the sights when I try (in vain) to hit a damn flying clay.

According to the stats they showed Clif hit 2 out of 10 shots, Drew 5 of 10, and Michael 4 of.........15! So technically Michael had the worst hit percentage.

I was glad to see one of the USPSA guys finally get an elimination challenge with something they could shoot well.

...USPSA is stand and shoot??? :roflol: :roflol:

I don't know how much these guys interact in real life but the Red Team guy who said this, Gary, and his friend on the Blue Team Jarrett both work for Homeland Security as trainers. Jarrett's bio for sure mentions work with JJ Recaza at DHS, so I'm not sure why his buddy Gary would not have an idea what USPSA shooting is.

Anyways, Michael is looking kind of turdish this season and on Top Shot there is always at least one.

A greater power must be on Christian camp director Dustin's side because so far he's looked like a champ. As long as he doesn't fall victim to the Top Shot votes based on 'performance' buddy system, he should get far.

Way to go Cliff, I hated they way the tattoo guy was dogging you but after the elimination match I think he had to back up a few steps and eat some crow and probably will be worried if he has to go against you. Good Job

Thanks everyone. Have no fear; my balls are fine and where they belong. (In California)

I was a little surprised to here all the talk. All that stuff is secret while we are in the house. They didn't show any of my interviews during elimination because I only said nice things about Drew and that he had a very good chance to send me home. I would never throw a bucket of water on a guy who was walking the plank. (Almost never, I think I do it once.) I was surprised that Gary was against me. I never got a hint from him to my face. Part of the problem was that Mark and I were in a different room from the rest of the red team. The other 5 spent more time together and I'm sure that has an effect. They were quick to jump on Drew though. Not sure how that happened. I didn't have any idea who did what so I was taking their word for it. It is hard to argue with the results though. He turned out to be a weak shooter, maybe not as weak as Mike but still weak.

Thanks for the kind words, glad to carry the flag for everyone here. I'll do my best going forward.

ps. There may be a slight incident on the next show. No need to discuss it here or at all. Just saying.

Dude you could have saved that comment for Monday, now we all wondering for a week. :)

It's like that scene in Armagedon when they come back from space, Rockhound says, ""So, that incident with me and the gun on the asteroid, let's just keep that under wraps, alright?"

You will know it when you see it.

I dig the new caption on your avatar. I hear Glock may be looking for a shooter now that Dave Sevigney is moving on...

I don't know how it changes, it just seems to happen from time to time.

Nice job Cliff! Fundamentals are key!

Does anyone know what shotshell holders they were? Looks like those would be great for 3-gun!

You can ask Taran. I think he got them. They were nice and worked well.

According to the stats they showed Clif hit 2 out of 10 shots, Drew 5 of 10, and Michael 4 of.........15! So technically Michael had the worst hit percentage.

Public school?

No, long day. I usually know better than to post while tired :rolleyes:

Damnation I want to see Cliff win this. I'm sure he gets knocked out by the boomerang challenge later on, but when it comes down to gun, target, gotta-hit-it I knew the crown prince of revolver would pull it through. Do the math:

Cliff got 18 balls through, which required 5 shots each. That's 90 shots minimum plus reloads without losing your composure. Maybe having to hit that damned US popper to save a fat revolver reload pays off.

Go Cliff!!

Matt