Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 3 Episode 3 (23Aug11)

ima45dv8

As always, rude and/or nasty posts will be removed without notice.

Repeat offenders may win a time-out.

:rolleyes:

================================

I hate that the ladies didn't last any longer than they did.

Oh well. One day...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this isn't too nasty:

I saw a preview involving Taran Butler giving a shotgun shooting lesson.

As he was giving advice - a cast member cut him off and told him that they knew what they were doing.

It's not like TB knows how to shoot a shotgun anyways... :roflol:

I predict that tonight - hundreds of 3-gunners will cry out in agony.

With that said, I will be watching and supporting the positive portrayal of shooting sports of television.

:cheers:

As he was giving advice - a cast member cut him off and told him that they knew what they were doing.

It's not like TB knows how to shoot a shotgun anyways... :roflol:

Don't forget that there are literally millions of people who don't know TB from Adam. And most likely 10's of thousands of shooters who don't know him either.

Hello: That goes to show you that a great revolver shooter can shoot anything fast :cheers: Good job Cliff and you just scared the rest of your team :roflol: Thanks, Eric

And the secret is out now too.

"Colby: Now you all know that Cliff is an excellent pistol shooter."

When we knew that before the first episode aired - good shooting! :cheers:

A GM will make almost any handgun stage look easy. Cliff may be a revolver guy but the fundamentals of sight alignment and trigger control pass through to any handgun he picks up. Drew never knew what hit him.

I also got a kick out of their saying that they did not know if Cliff could keep up when things got physical being as he is a stand and shoot pistol guy. USPSA is stand and shoot??? :roflol: :roflol:

Thanks guys. That was a lot of fun.

The mags had like 23 rounds or so in them and we had about 15. They made sure no matter how much you missed you could not run out of rounds. They didn't show it but I had one reload where I launched the mad into the air. I think I lost 3 or 4 balls before I got back on track. I think it is kind of strange they didn't show it. I wanted to see what it looked like on TV.

I think it came down to nerves. I don't think I get nervous anymore while shooting. One cannon ball dropped every 8 seconds so you had to shoot 5 plates in that time. The order changed so you had to pay attention but 5 plates in 8 seconds is not super hard. Just ask anyone at the steel challenge last weekend. I'd bet there were not many strings of 8 secs in Piru. I think Drew missed a few and got behind and panicked. That challenge had a lot of things you had to keep track of and it was easy to get lost. It looked like he lost track of what was going on and you can see him turn the gun at an angle and start blasting. Obviously, that was not the way to get back in control.

I didn't get to see Drew shoot until tonight so I saw as much as you all did. I did not how everyone did with the shotgun until tonight. I was told I hit 3 by the producers but they said I only got 2 tonight. Colby was standing about 5 feet from where the red team was shooting. He is yelling things like, "and Cliff misses again." It was very distracting but funny. I was trying hard to get my head out of my a$$ during the competition so I did not watch the other shooters much. I had a feeling Mike did not hit what he said he did. It clearly should have been he and I at the elimination and it would not have been as close as it was with Drew. Drew should have stayed a while longer. Sorry buddy.

I'm sorry I didn't look here for a thread until now. I'll try to answer questions and let you know what I know about the show going forward. Thanks again for the kind words.

Cliff

Great job, Cliff. Sorry to hear you lost 3 or 4 balls. :surprise:

An after action report would be interesting once the season is complete. I think I heard the host (at the end of season 2) mention it was a 37 day event. I found that surprising. It would be interesting to hear what went on to take more than a month.

Dave

USPSA is stand and shoot??? :roflol: :roflol:

Yea, I got a good laugh out of one of the red team guys when he said that...They apparently have NO idea what USPSA shooting is or what it means to be a GM level shooter...

Good job Cliff!

So we'll see cliff shooting Production in the near future :)

Nicely done in the elimination challenge! I liked the episode in general. Shotgun challenge looked fun and I really want to try the cannonball contraption.