Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dillion 550 help

ss+P

i looked i didn't see any info on 6mm and 7mm.

i found the Powder funnel for 7mm, but i didn't see what shellplate and what locator buttons the 7mm and 6mm needed or what powder funnel the 6mm takes

There are many different 6 and 7mm cartridges with different cases. You have to know the name of the specific cartridge to get the right shellplate and buttons. A .243 powder funnel would probably work for the 6mm one.

thanks for the info. i will a=have to find out which one he has, but they all look like they take shell plate 1 and locator button 1 with different powder funnels. i have the sp and the lb so i just need to get the powder funnels

ok he is not sure which type of 6&7mm he has. They are older guns and he believes that the 6mm is a 6mm rem which takes shell plate and locator button number 1 with a powder funnel of I.

He said he believe his 7mm is 7mm mag. i didn't see it on youngeyes link, but most of them are the same shell plate and locator button and i am guessing it would prob. be powder funnel j

There are several (like 5 or 6) different 7mm Magnums out there and most if not all of them use different shellplates and locator buttons from 30-06 because the cases are not based on that round. If it is 7mm Remington Magnum the change over kit is mentioned in your original thread several months ago.

Brian

Edited by Too_Slow

thanks for reminding me about that post. i went back and found the things i needed to know and still don't have an answer on the 6mm, not sure which one he has. thanks again too-slow

• 2 weeks later...