Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone put the Henning XL firing pin in a DA gun?

Nealio

I ordered an XL firing pin, without noticing the fine print about only for SA and that you would need to shorten it for DA. Has anyone done this? My main motivator is to reduce the trigger pull by running the 15lb hammer spring. Can I run that spring without the XL firing pin?

I havent put the xl pin in a da gun because you have to remove the fireing pin safety thus making it not leagal in production division. no reson you cant do it if not runing in it production, you just want to make sure when the back of the pin it pressed fluch with the back of the firing pin stop(like when the hammer is down) that the nose of the pin is a little bit shy of the breach face so the fireing pin is noty resting on the primer with the hammer down.

on the other hand most of ma DA guns have either the 13 lb or 14 lb main springs and will set off CCI primers 100% I had to cut 2(ish) coils off the firing pin spring to get one of them to run the new Tula primers but those are so hard that my stock glocks will only set them off about 70% of the time.

hope this helps,

<ike

on the other hand most of ma DA guns have either the 13 lb or 14 lb main springs and will set off CCI primers 100% I had to cut 2(ish) coils off the firing pin spring to get one of them to run the new Tula primers but those are so hard that my stock glocks will only set them off about 70% of the time.

Good information, thanks !