Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

August 28th Match At Wayne County Raccoon Hunters

Well, it is approaching that time again for our monthly match at Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Club. We have the usual 7 field courses plus 1 classifier planned for your shooting pleasure. If you haven't been to our match before, get to one. We give you the best value for your shooting $$ in the midwest. All stages are Level III quality all for the low price of $25 for nonmembers. Our club members travel all over the midwest and bring a level of dedication to building stages that is impressive to say the least. Round count will be between 180-210 depending on the fitting of the stages in the bays so bring 300 with you just to be sure (or more if your not good shooting steel). Registration starts at 8:45am and closes at 9:30am. We try to fire first shot at 10am so we can get done as quickly as possible.

Too Slow (Brian) will update the thread with the classifier info and finalized round count. Plan on the usual stage props (swingers, double swingers, drop turners, double drop turners, pressure plates and maybe even the star)...and lots of classic targets since we found a new box this past week.

Keep in mind our October 23rd Match. Last year we did the Michigan 300 (ok, it was 306 rounds but who is counting at that point?). This year we are doing the Plastic Fantastic Match. Only polymer frame guns. (Glocks, S&W's, Springfield XD's, SIG P250's HK USP's, ect........) Think of this like a large Production match=same holster,mag pouch placements, only 10 rounds in any mag, with all scoring as minor. Scoring 3 Divisions. Full Size(G34, G17's), Compact((G19's), Sub-compact(G26's)for example. So if you ever wanted to shoot a match with your polymer carry gun against others doing the same, this is the match to do it. We'll probally use the van on a stage and some other cool props as well. Round count will still be the usual 200+ rounds since there will be no classifier at this match.

If you have questions about the match, contact Brian or myself. Hope to see you on the range.

Regards,

Roy

Ryan,

Your killin me up here north of The Ohio State border in Michigun. We let you shoot our props with the intent of normally knocking them over, not breaking them. We might have to add that to the walk throughs for you folks of questionable intelligence south of our border. No, not the Canadians. That is a just a conversion difference due to the metric system, so don't even try to blame them. It's your group, waaaay south of our Canadian border that is normally the issue. And you guys are going to let Sean have an SV Open gun now? What is the world coming to? What was I thinking helping him get it? Jason Pearson just made us 8 new IPSC poppers so if you break one of those, you'll have to take it up with him.

The stage suggestion committe is meeting tonight followed by the stage selection committe, then the stage engineering committe will meet finishing with the stage logistics committe. They will then submit thier report to the stage Finance Committe who will approve all suggestions while suffering dinner/adult beverages at our favorite establishment in order to get the planning done for Saturday's set up. Who knew we would have to manage so many meetings just to shoot 8 stages?

See ya on Sunday at the match...................................Roy

Would that be LARRY, CURLY AND MOE? With the stage designs, you all have a screw loose or two!! :roflol: Where else can you go to a club match and have more props, swingers,clams, double mismatched swingers, drop turners, double drop turners and not to mention the stage design! :cheers: You guys put one heck of a match on!!!!

Maybe we should start coming through Canada first and leaving Sean there? They probable would not allow him through the boarder?

OK well we have a round count for the match and a classifier number and name for you tonight. It will be 183 rounds with CM06-04 'Fluffies Revenge 1'.

Joe you may be right they may not allow him (or the rest of you) through at the Canadian Border. Might be a good idea not to try.

Brian

So far we have single turners, double turners, clamshells, pressure plates, Texas star, and a doorway for your pleasure this month (that is all that I remember right now).

Edited by Too_Slow

(that is all that I remember right now).

Let me guess... The committee meeting was held in the presence of cold drinks and hot white bikini's? :D

And yes Roy, it would help if you told me which props I'm merely supposed to knock over and which ones you want broke. That way I know weather to load up the armor piercing Zero's or the regular boring old regular Zero's. They forgot that at the West Penn section last year until I took a chunk out of brand new, borrowed mini popper. Then they informed me they'd prefer I just knock them over... a bit late don't ya think? :lol:

Actually not this time. The only cold drinks around this time was Iced Tea or water and the waitresses were wearing regular cloths (we went to a different place near Roy's office).

Brian

Edited by Too_Slow

Ryan,

Your killin me up here north of The Ohio State border in Michigun. We let you shoot our props with the intent of normally knocking them over, not breaking them. We might have to add that to the walk throughs for you folks of questionable intelligence south of our border. No, not the Canadians. That is a just a conversion difference due to the metric system, so don't even try to blame them. It's your group, waaaay south of our Canadian border that is normally the issue. And you guys are going to let Sean have an SV Open gun now? What is the world coming to? What was I thinking helping him get it? Jason Pearson just made us 8 new IPSC poppers so if you break one of those, you'll have to take it up with him.

The stage suggestion committe is meeting tonight followed by the stage selection committe, then the stage engineering committe will meet finishing with the stage logistics committe. They will then submit thier report to the stage Finance Committe who will approve all suggestions while suffering dinner/adult beverages at our favorite establishment in order to get the planning done for Saturday's set up. Who knew we would have to manage so many meetings just to shoot 8 stages?

Roy,

The "letting Sean have an SV open gun" committee, Ok'ed the requisition put forth by the "What was I thinking" committee witch in turn met for dinner/adult beverages with the "What the world is coming to" committee, and decided to sign off all responsibility for Sean having an SV Open gun. E pluribus unum! RuNfOrYoUrLiVeS!!!!!

Roy is correct in that if you break them you will have to see me and if you don't remember me I am the big boy at the club. So if you break them you better be able to run faster then me.

Just to let you know I will have a lot of free time thin winter to work up some more evil props just for you.

See you Sunday.

Ryan,

Ryan,

Roy I have a new prop for next year. What do you think of making something that shoots tennis balls back at the shooter and for some of our friends maybe hard balls.

Jason,

I like the idea. We will use it as a penalty for the shooter. If they hit the wrong popper or they hit the metal no shoot, then the launcher starts firing tennis balls back at them, requiring the shooter to dodge them as well as shoot and move. Or if the case of some of our bretheren from south of our great border, it would just start firing at them just because after the buzzer went off. I like the idea. A little tough to implement fairly but still an idea that gets ya smiling just thinking about it.

With 8 stages of mayhem, turners, twisters, texas stars, swingers, clamshells and pressure pads all for $25, who out there gives more bang for the buck than we do?

Crank up the speed?

Well, yeah......duh!!!! Why didn't I think to say that first? Of course we would offer to do that for our friends south of our border in Michigun. It would be the least that we could do, don't ya think? Cause we're givers. Yep, that's what we are at our club. Givers of grief, major trash talk and other causes of stress. Free of charge no less.

Cause we're givers. Yep, that's what we are at our club. Givers of grief, major trash talk and other causes of stress. Free of charge no less.

Can't beat a deal like that, not even with a dead horse! :lol:

Having spent a few hours setting up Sunday's match there is one burning question....

You just have to ask yourself....

How fast are you..... really :surprise:

I think you are going to like the stages. Maybe not the scores but definitely the stages :devil:

woof

WOW! I can't thank all of you enough for a great day of shooting. This is hands-downs my favorite match every month. I keep making new friends and I can't say enough about the stages. I got to shoot with some of the guys that set up shop for all of us, and everyone at the WCRHC puts their heart into these matches. I am SO terrible with names and faces, it will take another year to for me to learn, so please be patient with me. I have enjoyed every squad I have ever shot with. Again, a huge thanks to everyone at the Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Club for an exceptional Shoot today.

I can SECOND that!! :cheers: What a great match and the crew that put all their HARD work into a very well thought out stage design. It is a true pleasure to shoot this match every month. Cannot wait to see what next month brings us :D