Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M1S90 barrel swap, fore-end doesn't fit

ArmdCtzn

Picked up a 21" barrel for my M1S90 to replace the 18". Trouble is the new barrel has a much longer "lug" behind

the ring that goes over the mag tube than the 18" barrel had. This doesn't allow the front stock to fit. Can I just

dremel out the stock back to the first hole so the new barrel will fit?

thanks

Randy

I think I got it squared away. In case anyone may run into the same issue, and to save Jesse the trouble, here is what I did:

First, the problem. The new barrel has a much longer "lug" behind the mag tube ring than the old barrel and it

won't fit into the recessed portion of the front hand guard.

IMG_13692.jpg

This is the area that needs to be made longer on the hand guard:

IMG_13703.jpg

A few minutes with the dremel and I opened up the recess in the hand guard:

IMG_13713.jpg

I cleaned up the new recess, and put it all back together. Now I have a nice 21" vent rib barrel instead of

the original 18" cylinder bore.

IMG_13722.jpg

• 5 months later...

Just order an M2 Forearm from Benelli. They cost $80.00 and take approximately 4-6 days to receive. I have M2 barrels on both of my M1's. The reason I did that is I also have a couple of M2's and all my chokes are the same. There is no problem with fit and you don't have to get involved with the dremel tool modification or epoxy.

Just order an M2 Forearm from Benelli. They cost $80.00 and take approximately 4-6 days to receive. I have M2 barrels on both of my M1's. The reason I did that is I also have a couple of M2's and all my chokes are the same. There is no problem with fit and you don't have to get involved with the dremel tool modification or epoxy.

That's another solution, but this modification is super easy and takes all of about five minutes. I'll do a five-minute dremel job to save $80 every time.