Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taylor +8 extension for g35

jswitt99

Not seeing a lot of reviews for the Taylor +8 extensions for 40 in a g35 unsing factory 22 rounders.

Best way to go for a 170? How many are you actually getting?

They look stout.

If I missed the thread from searching, my apologies...

My ignorance preceeds me...

When you refer to +5 and +8 your referring to the number of rounds that it will usually add in 9mm. The +8's on G22 15 round mags will not be over 170mm, they will be right at 170. Do you shoot a 40S&W open gun?

yes, I realize a few short for 40...

Yes, building now.

When you refer to +5 and +8 your referring to the number of rounds that it will usually add in 9mm. The +8's on G22 15 round mags will not be over 170mm, they will be right at 170. Do you shoot a 40S&W open gun?

Per TF, and my experience in 9mm, the +8 pads add +10 (now 11) rounds of 9mm.....

They should certainly get close to +8 in the .40.....

The Glock 22 rounders are long -- in the 160s. I'm not sure if there's +1,2,or 3 out there -- Arredondo international +3? -- that might still fit the gauge by adding a round or two...

Per TF, and my experience in 9mm, the +8 pads add +10 (now 11) rounds of 9mm.....

They should certainly get close to +8 in the .40.....

The Glock 22 rounders are long -- in the 160s. I'm not sure if there's +1,2,or 3 out there -- Arredondo international +3? -- that might still fit the gauge by adding a round or two...

looks like I need to call TF...

Nik your right the +8s used to be +8 on early mags, but Robin Taylor has improved his pads and I think Glock has improved their mags. My 9mm big sticks hold 28 rounds I just pulled a +8 base pad off one of my 9mm mags and put it on a 15 round G22 mag, it now holds 24 rounds of 40S&W (+9) and is 169mm long I hope this helps. Nik what Glock 22 rounders are you referring to ?

Tim

Nik your right the +8s used to be +8 on early mags, but Robin Taylor has improved his pads and I think Glock has improved their mags. My 9mm big sticks hold 28 rounds I just pulled a +8 base pad off one of my 9mm mags and put it on a 15 round G22 mag, it now holds 24 rounds of 40S&W (+9) and is 169mm long I hope this helps. Nik what Glock 22 rounders are you referring to ?

Tim

There is now a Glock produced 22 round mag in .40. Apparently it was produced for some branch of the government, to fit existing (submachine gun?) mag pouches.....

Too bad those pouches weren't 170.....

The stock 15 rnd mag + the Taylor Freelance +8 base will give you a 23 rnd big stick that is 170mm legal. I can reliably get 24 rnds in mine.

The Glock 22 rnd mag is very close to 170mm by itself. adding ANY basepad would put it over the limit.

I'm going to relocate this thread to the Glock section. (even though it fits here in Open, we have traditionally ran Glock info through. the Glock forum) - Admin

Except that the +8 extensions are not legal in Production or SSP. Surely if it is an open gun, it belongs in the Open forum, regardless of the platform. Do you similarly move any CZ-based open guns to the CZ forum?

• 2 months later...

QUESTION:

I'm considering using the new Glock 22-round .40 S&W magazine as my "big stick". I measure it at 165 mm by USPSA's method. 171.25 mm is the maximum length for open. How much length does your +3 base pad add?

ANSWER:

It would add about 13.7mm

Ralph Arredondo

Arredondo Accessories & Mfg.

CONCLUSION:

165 + 13.7 = 178.7mm, too long for USPSA open division. :-(

-----------

QUESTION:

Is your Glock +0 Brass, 9/40/357 base pad easier to disassemble for cleaning than the factory base pad?

I'm considering using the new Glock 22-round .40 S&W magazine as my "big stick". I measure it at 165 mm by USPSA's method. 171.25 mm is the maximum length for open. How much length does your +0 brass base pad add?

ANSWER:

I'm waiting for a sample big stick to come in from another customer who has asked me to custom-machine him a +0 pad into what we both hope will be a +1.

As to disassembly/cleaning, it uses the same system as the original basepad, so if anything, it's slightly harder to disassemble, since the brass isn't as "slippery" or flexible as the original plastic.

If I can build a brass +1 for you that fits the USPSA requirements, would you be interested?

Robin Taylor

Taylor Freelance, LLC

CONCLUSION:

I told Robin that I was interested.

I was that customer that sent a sample mag to Robin at Taylor Freelance! :rolleyes: It shipped on 11/25 he should be getting it in the next day or two.

It would be sweet if one or two more rounds would fit in the brass model, except I don't want one I want three! Anyone else interested?

BTW: I already have the +5 brass basepad and it has a metal backplate with two screws which IMHO is quite easy to dissemble.

Edited by Wildkow

I am really missing the boat here. A stock 40S&W mag holds 15 adding a TF +8 reliably holds 24 (at least mine do) so why get a more expensive 22 round mag and ask for a custom base which may cost more to hopefully get 1 more round. There has got to be some place in that course of fire to do a reload where a 25th round is not a factor. If the military taught me anything it was KISS (keep it simple stupid).

I am really missing the boat here. A stock 40S&W mag holds 15 adding a TF +8 reliably holds 24 (at least mine do) so why get a more expensive 22 round mag and ask for a custom base which may cost more to hopefully get 1 more round. There has got to be some place in that course of fire to do a reload where a 25th round is not a factor. If the military taught me anything it was KISS (keep it simple stupid).

There is no transition point/seam between the mag body and the base pad/floor plate for the bullet to hang on.

Also you don't need a different spring as the Glock 22 round is pretty stout as it is. You may also get a little extra

room and not have to cram the last round in thus decreasing the likelihood of FTF's. Finally don't dismiss the coolness factor. :P

Edited by Wildkow

There is no transition point/seam between the mag body and the base pad/floor plate for the bullet to hang on.

Also you don't need a different spring as the Glock 22 round is pretty stout as it is. You may also get a little extra

room and not have to cram the last round in thus decreasing the likelihood of FTF's. Finally don't dismiss the coolness factor. :P

At my age I don't worry about coolness factor, I just want it to work. Besides I am on a budget that you are likely paying for. Military retirement and social security.

At my age I don't worry about coolness factor, I just want it to work. Besides I am on a budget that you are likely paying for. Military retirement and social security.

Which I'll gladly and thankfully pay. :bow:

...what spring are you planning on using in a 22 + 8 magazine?

Can't use a +8 as it will surely violate the 170 mm mag length rule.

I'm fully aware of that. I'm just addressing the OP's question.

I knew that. :P