Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

200gn Bayou Bullets

JeffWard

I have a "Outlaw" 2-Gun (Pistol/Rifle) Match tomorrow morning! Stage One? 20+1 of Bayou Bullet 200gn Reloads!

Might as well test them on the clock!

Okay... maybe I'll chrono a few first...

I loaded the 200gn Bayous over Solo 1000. Hoping for SOFT and "smokeless".

I load 4.6gn of Solo under 185gn Precision Bullet Moly's to make about 170PF in my 5" M&P. I have 4.0gn, 4.2gn, and 4.4gn test loads loaded up. We'll see what shoots best, and makes PF.

JeffWard

I have a "Outlaw" 2-Gun (Pistol/Rifle) Match tomorrow morning! Stage One? 20+1 of Bayou Bullet 200gn Reloads!

Might as well test them on the clock!

Okay... maybe I'll chrono a few first...

I loaded the 200gn Bayous over Solo 1000. Hoping for SOFT and "smokeless".

I load 4.6gn of Solo under 185gn Precision Bullet Moly's to make about 170PF in my 5" M&P. I have 4.0gn, 4.2gn, and 4.4gn test loads loaded up. We'll see what shoots best, and makes PF.

JeffWard

What's your OAL on those?

I shot some of the 200gr bayou bullets at 173 pf and they felt almost exactly like 167pf 180 gr bayou bullets. I suspect that if I drop the load down a bit and match the pf the 200gr rounds would feel a bit better. It is really close though.

• 4 weeks later...

Took 3.8gr of titegroup at 1.14" in sti edge to get 170 with them. They dont smoke much, no more than titegroup with fmj.

i load mine with 4.4TG= 166-168.... you sure with yourload buddy?

I'm thinking you maybe have a really slow barrel.

4.3 grains of titegroup, behind a Zero 180 grain jhp, at 1.14 get me about 170 pf.

If I go to 1.2 OAL for my 5" STIs, I have to bump up to 4.7 grains of Titegroup for 170pf. I can get away with 4.5 grains of Titegroup in my Bennie Hill Fat Free, 6".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've settled in at 4.0 of Solo under the 200Gr Bayous. No pressure signs, and nice and soft to shoot. Not quite JHP smokeless, but MUCH better than black-moly "smokeless".

4.4 Gr showed some pressure signs but nothing too bad. Yes, loaded short for the M&P... But my Cor-Bon 135Gr +P 40 is a LOT hotter...

Jeff