Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interesting realization

MMETALMANN

Ok, so to preface this entire thread...I'm getting old. Just recently I put a JP Enterprises 15.5" free float for end on my Bushy A2 carbine. I added a Daniel Defence front sight post and mounted it at the end of the tube. The very first time I brought the sights up, I noticed that I was able to focus on the front sight almost immediately. This may not seem strange to you, but before, with the standard short free float for end and stock front sight gas block, I had a short focal delay in acquiring the front sight cleary. In short, it was blurry for a second, then my eyes adjusted and I could see it better. With the new sight post ( which BTW is smaller than the stock Bushy not sight post by almost .06") I can focus immediately! I am both super happy...and mildly depressed at my new hindered sight. But, on the bringer side, moving your sight radius that far helps a lot!

Losing ability to focus close in is the first thing to go. The first thing most people notice as they get older is having to hold reading material at arms length to make out the text.

I like my front post as far out the end of my barrel as possible.

Do you have the sight mounted on the tube itself or clamped on to the barrel in front of the tube? The JP 15.5" tube (I have one) moves a LOT, especially at the end. It's a great forearm, but not a great platform for sights. Put the tube against something and push, you can see the flexing. I hate to be the bearer of bad news. :(

DanO

You might want to play around with aperture size, it can also affect focus/ speed of focus for aging eyes. I think I am a few years ahead of you and finally threw in the towel and put a red dot on everything.

blind in open class

gunfrog