Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P slide lightening

twodelta

I have an M&P 40L, and I'm thinking about lightening the slide. I've looked at some other builds on here where the slide is slotted on the top, and some slotted on the side. I'll be shooting 40 major, so I don't want to take too much off and crack the slide. Is there one way preferred over another?

I have a friend that's a machinist that can cut the slide, so the work will be free. I'm trying to get him to make me a brass back strap too, but not sure if he wants to tackle on the curves and cuts for that project.

Edited by twodelta

mine has the large slots on the side of the slide, that you may have seen the pictures. i was wanting 1 more but springer had not yet done a M & P and played it safe. it is only a 9mm but so good so far. as far as i know there is no one yet for sure how much you can get away with.

good luck!

I've saved some of the pics of RWF'g M&P. I'm guessing Springer did the work from the build thread. It looks awesome, and is what I'm leaning towards right now. Maybe just a slot on the top and some holes in the side. I just want to drop the most weight with the simplest cuts. I don't want to be the first one to find the limit for cutting the slide though <_<