Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 3 DQ's

t0066jh

I was just looking at the Area 3 results to see how people I know finished. There sure were a lot of DQ's. Is this typical?

I'm going to my first Nationals in September and certainly want to avoid a DQ. I'm now a certified RO so I know the rules.

Was there a common occurance that people were called on?

Joe

9-Ltd DQ

4-L10

9-Open

4-Production

0-Revo

5-Single Stack

Total 31

Edited by t0066jh

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those numbers look high. If they were all something like a clear cut AD then it is what it is. But most likely there was a stage or two that guys were getting in trouble on by breaking the 180?

I was just looking at the Area 3 results to see how people I know finished. There sure were a lot of DQ's. Is this typical?

I'm going to my first Nationals in September and certainly want to avoid a DQ. I'm now a certified RO so I know the rules.

Was there a common occurance that people were called on?

Joe

9-Ltd DQ

4-L10

9-Open

4-Production

0-Revo

5-Single Stack

Total 31

Single Stack Nationals had 9 of 352 shooters.

I didn't see any reason for all the DQs. The stages didn't have anything in them that I thought would induce a DQ. I shoot a lot of majors, so maybe my opinion is different than other peoples, but looking strictly at the stages, I didn't see anything that was a big deal.

I didn't see any reason for all the DQs. The stages didn't have anything in them that I thought would induce a DQ. I shoot a lot of majors, so maybe my opinion is different than other peoples, but looking strictly at the stages, I didn't see anything that was a big deal.

But Ben, you're anything but average :devil:

I wouldn't say it is typical to see this many DQ's. However, let's not point the finger at ANYONE other than the shooters themselves. I witnessed four of the DQ's, including mine :), and each and every one earned it.

Thanks Mitch.

Please refer to my original post. I'm not looking for blame. Just reasons......so I could avoid getting DQ'd at Nationals. From the responders so far, DQ's were the usual violations.

I've heard it said "there are those who have been DQ'd and those who will sooner or later be DQ'd".

I earned mine was looking to far ahead and swung to a target that I ran by, 180 the second I did it I new. first 1 ever and I started in 84. and this match was set with gun handling in mind with a lot of places to break 180 if you lost your train of thought for just a split second.well I did, and the only one to blame is me not the stages or the RO's they all did a great job, great match and I will be back next year

Edited by fishhunter3

I wouldn't say it is typical to see this many DQ's. However, let's not point the finger at ANYONE other than the shooters themselves. I witnessed four of the DQ's, including mine :), and each and every one earned it.

Thanks Mitch.

Please refer to my original post. I'm not looking for blame. Just reasons......so I could avoid getting DQ'd at Nationals. From the responders so far, DQ's were the usual violations.

I've heard it said "there are those who have been DQ'd and those who will sooner or later be DQ'd".

I didn't think you were looking to blame anybody. I just know how these posts can get out of hands sometimes. It doesn't matter how technical a match is or if there are "180 traps". Personally, I like a very technical match. It tests every facet of our abilities as shooters. In the end, it is the shooter's responsibility to be safe.

I'm sure you will do just fine at Nationals. You have nothing more to worry about there than you would at a club match when it comes to the possibility of a DQ.

Edited by Mitch Harrington

I earned mine was looking to far ahead and swung to a target that I ran by, 180 the second I did it I new. first 1 ever and I started in 84. and this match was set with gun handling in mind with a lot of places to break 180 if you lost your train of thought for just a split second.well I did, and the only one to blame is me not the stages or the RO's they all did a great job, great match and I will be back next year

Thanks Larry

This tells me that if a stage looks at all complicated, good stage planing will be important. I'm shooting with 2 good friends. Hopefully, we'll identify the more technical stage, plan a strategy, and for me, take a more deliberate approach.

Joe

There sure were a lot of DQ's. Is this typical?

Total 31

Single Stack Nationals had 9 of 352 shooters.

"Typical" for a USPSA major (Area or Nationals) seems to run around 2-3%.

For 352 shooters, 9 DQs is dead center in that "typical" range.

Edited by jakers

That's a lot of DQ's. However you slice it. It would be nice to have a data analysis. Shooter experience would have to be included.

Here is a list of classifactions

Thanks. That adds a little more information.

What do the indents and gray lines mean?

Assuming that the outdents/indents are meant to partition the divisions, it looks like:

- the first 5 outdented are Single Stack,

- the group of 4 outdented are the Limited 10 shooters

- the last 9 indented are either the Limited or Open shooters

Leaving the middle 13 indented as a mystery. I'm guessing that the first 4 indented are the 4 production shooters because they are shooting minor, and so leaving the middle 9 indented to be either Limited or Open shooters.

What do the indents and gray lines mean?

Assuming that the outdents/indents are meant to partition the divisions, it looks like:

- the first 5 outdented are Single Stack,

- the group of 4 outdented are the Limited 10 shooters

- the last 9 indented are either the Limited or Open shooters

Leaving the middle 13 indented as a mystery. I'm guessing that the first 4 indented are the 4 production shooters because they are shooting minor, and so leaving the middle 9 indented to be either Limited or Open shooters.

Was not trying to break down by division, just by classifications.

The two DQ's in my squad were earned.

Edited by schroed

High of 85 (at the most) with a breeze.

By the sounds of it, most were AD's? Knowing how someone was DQ'd is more important than the division they shot in, IMO.

I don't think there were any traps or tricks for this match. Not any more than a club match. As long as you kept your head on you were ok.