Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bag Filler

Tom D.

• 5 weeks later...

I would highly recommend the air soft bb's. If you are going to be out in weather, rice, corncob media or anything else that is porous can soak up water and end up weighing a ton. If you are strictly bench shooting this is not as big a problem. If you are fieled shooting or stalking hunting or tactical)the extra weight is definitly a problem.

Edited by Biloxi23

Thanks for the replies! Bronco, what the heck is 'blow molding' & where would I get the material you referred to? I've checked Michaels and all I found was maybe 500 beads in a package. I'll need a few POUNDS to fill my bags and reducing weight is the main concern along with being water proof. Cat litter (bentonite) does not work! Seems several have had success with airsoft pells but I don't think I can get 6m/m pellets in my bags.

An "old: sniper showed his trick. One pair of athletic socks, black or OD green of course, and one jar of air soft bb's from Wally World. Pour the jar in on sock and double knot the sock as far down as you can. Put the first sock into the second sock, knot toward the toe. Now knot the second sock. One of the jars was more thatn enough, unliess you need a very big bag. This works great for something you have to carry with you, whether in a pocket or in a pack.

Yea, the sock works great for a rear rest. I should have said at the outset that the bags I'm needing filler for are Bulls Bags and the fill openings are kinda small. Originally used 'sugar' sand which worked great and the bags were very stable as expected as the weight must have been 50#! What I am looking for is plastic beads about 1m/m in dia. Maybe 10#.

Thanks again for all the replies.