Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Pittbug

Odd Rudy Project lens problem

I noticed last week that one of the lenses had a spot about the size of a pea. It wouldn't clean up using regular lens solution, but since it was so small I ignored it. As the days go by, the spot keeps growing. It's like a slow chemical reaction that's happening inside the lens itself. There's no surface abnormality or change in texture.

You can see a photo of the lens here:

Rudy Project Lens Problem

The lens is a gray smoke impactx polarized photochromic variety.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

thanks

Do you leave them in the car? I had a pair that did the same about 3 years ago, the lens is actually 2 pieces and the heat was causing them to delaminate...e-mailed rudy and they sent me a new set.

Hello: I would give Rudy a call and see what they say. I am sure they will replace them. It does look like the lens is seperating. I had this happen to some other brand glasses years ago and even a windshield on a car. The windshield was replaced free of charge the other brand of glasses--no :angry2: Thanks, Eric

Thanks for the responses. No I don't leave them in the car, as there's a good chance they'd go missing.

I'll contact Rudy, thanks.

They asked me to send it in and will replace it for free since it's defective. Great customer service.

I sent my Rudy's back for a tune up. They replaced scratched lens, cleaned & adjusted the frames, did a great job. Couldn't be happier with thier customer service. I had them back in under 2 weeks. They'll take care of you.