Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dave Sevigny leaving Glock

If they don't call up Bob Vogel, and offer him a spot on the team ASAP ...... they really are crazy. :roflol:

Bob is the hottest shooter on the planet right now IMHO!!

No disrespect to Bob V, but have you looked at what Dave S has done in 2011 alone?

Yea, I should have mentioned I primarily just shoot IDPA. The matches that I attended, Bob was waaaay out in front of everybody including Dave. Dave is obviously a great shooter, just commenting Bob has stepped up his game.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they don't call up Bob Vogel, and offer him a spot on the team ASAP ...... they really are crazy. :roflol:

No disrespect to Bob V, but have you looked at what Dave S has done in 2011 alone?

They are both awesome in my eyes. Bob won with a crazy margin at the IDPA Indoor Nats though that's for sure.

Understand that Bob V works full time as an LEO. Dave, not so much. Not saying Dave is a slug and doesn't work for a living as I'm sure he does. But, being an LEO has pressures on you that are hard to understand unless you have walked in those shoes, as I have over the last 21 years and continue to do for another (hopefully) 6-9 years.

Dave is an awesome ambassador to Glock, and a VERY respectful guy. I have talked with Bob V in the past and I can tell you he would be equal to the task of what Dave has done both on and off the courses of fire.

Problem is, I'm not so sure Bob V would be willing to give up his current job, and I can't say that I blame him.

Best of luck to Dave!

I don't thinks folks have a good idea of what it cost to support a full time paid shooter, their supplies, travel, appearances, ect. There very few places to land, so if he wants to to keep doing the pro shooter thing, he is a great shooter AND ambassador of the shooting sports, so I hope he finds a good home. If not, he seems to be the type to be a success at what he puts his mind to.

I would think it cool if Rob and Dave were both driving some 5.25's this year :cheers:

Wow. I mean really WOW! I now see how all this internet, speculation, bullshit really works. All I can say is WOW. It would be funny to get all the people named in this thread together and listen to THEM talk about these issues. Not the what if's and conjecture, but the facts.

I'm not sure anyone shooting anything could beat an on track Dave in production class at a USPSA National. Not me, not Bob, not anyone. What makes anyone think Bob would do what Dave has in any circumstance? Having a real life to fall back on may make it easier to put in a high level performance? When you are expected to be great every time by every one with no excuses, it makes it all a different deal.

BTW, Bob is a great guy. Unlike many of the emerging great shots, he is actually skilled and disciplined. He may be the next Dave Sevigney, but don't use that Indoor match this year as any indication of performance until you know all the facts.

If Dave is coming to Springfield Armory, I know nothing about it. Matter of fact it would be a big surprise to me. Dave is awesome and will let all know what, where and why, when he is ready. I hope he does play hockey, or become a big time poker player. Would make all the other shooters jobs easier.

He is Glock and made them in the competition world a player. Not those that followed him, just Dave. Others came and made there mark also but it is Dave who made it all happen. I wouldn't have ever believed you could shoot one of those guns that well. Until Dave. And he beat me at my beloved SS nationals this year. God I hate him!

Rob

There's no doubt that shooting for a major sponsor changes the game, there's a significant increase in the amount of pressure that the shooter is under. The fun has become work, career, income etc..

Dave performs at a level higher than most can reasonably be expected to achieve. An ideal solution for any top shooter would be to have a job outside of the industry that still allows significant time off to shoot matches and pays enough to cover the rising costs of travel and hotels. This way the main source of income is not tied to shooting performance, but there are very few jobs out there that give this amount of flexibility.

Perhaps Dave has found such an opportunity, one which frees him up to shoot what he wants, when he wants to and be answerable to no-one. If that is the case then he may end up getting even better than he is now.... a scary prospect for everyone else.

Hey, I also heard a rumor that Bob Leethem (or something like that) is leaving Springfield Armory and is going to start shooting for Caracal. Apparently they gave him a palace in the United Arab Emirates and he and Kippi are moving there so that Rob can marry a bunch of other wives. Ones that don't have freakishly long carnival fingers. Just kiddnig Rob. (Not really...take me with you)

Dave had an interesting position when he was with Glock. He was more than just a shooter for them. He was a full time employee in Marketing. From what I understand they are not the easiest company to work for. Not that I heard that from anyone that works there because if I did they would probably be instantly fired for speaking ill of Glock.

As far as whether Glock puts another Top Shooter of Dave's caliber at the helm, I'm not sure it really matters. The platform has been proven in competition. Dave showed that it can keep up with any gun, Production, Limited, Limited 10, even Open at the Steel Challenge. Vogel continues to show it is competetive. As do many others running the gun at the top of the pack. As far as putting someone that can win, I think having, Julie, Jesse and Randi was great. All have shown they are National Champions with the Glock. Heck I think all three of them have beat me at something. Tori is going to continue that tradition. I've shot with her a couple times and spent a bit of time on the practice range before Bianchi this year. She is an extremely talented and dedicated young lady. She whooped the ass of the Junior that I brought with me to Bianchi this year without breaking a sweat. And the little spud I dragged along was a prior World Champion. I'd rather see Glock pick an excellent ambassador for the sport than just the best shooter with their gun. Every pro shooter that Glock has had has improved my game in some way. From Julie and Dave to the current group. I look forward to seeing what Glock and Dave do in the future.

Wow. I mean really WOW! I now see how all this internet, speculation, bullshit really works. All I can say is WOW. It would be funny to get all the people named in this thread together and listen to THEM talk about these issues. Not the what if's and conjecture, but the facts.

I'm not sure anyone shooting anything could beat an on track Dave in production class at a USPSA National. Not me, not Bob, not anyone. What makes anyone think Bob would do what Dave has in any circumstance? Having a real life to fall back on may make it easier to put in a high level performance? When you are expected to be great every time by every one with no excuses, it makes it all a different deal.

BTW, Bob is a great guy. Unlike many of the emerging great shots, he is actually skilled and disciplined. He may be the next Dave Sevigney, but don't use that Indoor match this year as any indication of performance until you know all the facts.

If Dave is coming to Springfield Armory, I know nothing about it. Matter of fact it would be a big surprise to me. Dave is awesome and will let all know what, where and why, when he is ready. I hope he does play hockey, or become a big time poker player. Would make all the other shooters jobs easier.

He is Glock and made them in the competition world a player. Not those that followed him, just Dave. Others came and made there mark also but it is Dave who made it all happen. I wouldn't have ever believed you could shoot one of those guns that well. Until Dave. And he beat me at my beloved SS nationals this year. God I hate him!

Rob

Thanks for elaborating on a point that is better heard from you, than anyone else on the planet!

I think I was the only one that mentioned the Indoor Nats so what facts am I missing? Honestly. I was there but did see either of them shoot. I did say "They are both awesome in my eyes" so I meant no disrespect to Dave in any shape or form... just that Bob is a strong shooter as well.

I wish Dave the best in his new journey, whatever that may be. I think its funny how the rumor mill starts to churn and spin in random directions around situations like this. It always happens so it must be a genetic human trait that can not be stopped?

What I hope is that Dave stays within the competition shooting community. He has always been a great ambassador for the shooting sports both on and off the range. He also shows us amazing feats of shooting skill which we all marvel at and wish to obtain some day. He has been more of a benefit to the competition pistol shooting community than a lot of people realize. Aside from representing Glock, his achievements and dedication to bettering the sport are well known across the whole shooting industry. If he walked away from the competition shooting world it would be a loss for all of us. But on the other side of the coin, if he walked away from shooting in order to dive into another activity that challenges him and he enjoys, how could anyone look down on that? Knowing this, does it really matter where he ends up after leaving Glock? All we can do is wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do next.

I agree, best wishes to Dave, but I hope he isn't leaving shooting! I don't know where he'll go and all this speculation is just that. Let's try to control our rumor mongering until we hear from him. If he does quit shooting, which I doubt, why couldn't he have done it BEFORE the Single Stack Nationals!!!!

Rob

If he does quit shooting, which I doubt, why couldn't he have done it BEFORE the Single Stack Nationals!!!!

Rob

Now THAT'S funny!!! Larry the cable guy funny!!! :roflol:

Edited by Zerwas

Steel Challenge World Championship is next week. I will compete in the three division "Steel Master" bracket; Open Rimfire, Iron Sight and Open Centerfire. See you there!

Hmm, what you think he'll be shooting.

Here's a word about Dave:

At the 2010 High Desert Classic at Albuqurque, he took Production. No surprise there, but what was a surprise was to see him helping the few local folks tearing down and putting away the stages. He was the ONLY non-local shooter to volunteer the help, without even being asked!

Truly a diamond in the sport. Wish him the best.

Here's a word about Dave:

At the 2010 High Desert Classic at Albuqurque, he took Production. No surprise there, but what was a surprise was to see him helping the few local folks tearing down and putting away the stages. He was the ONLY non-local shooter to volunteer the help, without even being asked!

Truly a diamond in the sport. Wish him the best.

As I recall he did the same thing last year. I was squadded with him and beyond being an amazing shooter he is a generous and helpful sportsman. He will be an asset wherever he goes.

I could be wrong but at the 2011 area 6 championship he was the only paid shooter i saw running shooters on his sqaud friday again i could be wrong. Good luck to dave with what ever he does sure would love to see him with team springfield tho.