Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

StageEx.com

38SuperDub

Just wanted to put this out there - we are in the process of finishing uploading stages from StageExchange (as it will go down in November). We wanted to create a resource for everyone with all the stages your heart could ever desire. Go check it out - be patient as we finish uploading the stages - send recommendations our way please!!!

Brandon

stageex.png

Mods - I hope this is OK since I'm not trying to advertise anything that competes or that we make money off of - only a resource for everyone since Stage Exchange will be no longer in a couple months.

Just wanted to put this out there - we are in the process of finishing uploading stages from StageExchange (as it will go down in November). We wanted to create a resource for everyone with all the stages your heart could ever desire. Go check it out - be patient as we finish uploading the stages - send recommendations our way please!!!

Brandon

stageex.png

Mods - I hope this is OK since I'm not trying to advertise anything that competes or that we make money off of - only a resource for everyone since Stage Exchange will be no longer in a couple months.

cool that is nice...here are my recommendations:

would be nice if there are options for search: like number of rounds, with steel, with movers just like stage exchange...

a preview (thumbnail) of the stages would be nice also..

I'll be uploading my sketchup stages pretty soon..

Bare with us - we wanted to hurry and get something online before everyone lost access to Stage Exchange - we will def be looking for a way to search and implementing that soon. If you don't see your stages uploaded soon just be patient - we have about 400 left to do and we will be good to go.

It's great that you guys are putting this sight together...

It might better serve the MD's or stage designers that are planning on using these stages, to make sure they are all legal by today's rulebook.

Allot of the stages were designed many years ago and should not be used.

Someone could examine them all and sort them into two categories.. Current and Obsolete.

My two cents worth...

Edited by LT45

We thought about going through and looking for legality of each stage - but that would take a BUNCH of time - right now its a matter of getting them online and not losing them with the loss of stageexchagne - once that part is done we will focus on the more current stages and maybe have a column added for legal or not that way people can tell.

We thought about going through and looking for legality of each stage - but that would take a BUNCH of time.

GREAT!! I'm glad it's not going to die. Agreed it would take a pile of work to sort out the

stages that comply with the current rules. If you do get bored and decide to tackle it, what

are the chances of making the files available in a .doc format? Would make it a LOT easier

to mod stages to fit available props etc.

Zero chance of that - most of the documents are in PDF format already - so they can't be converted back to editable document files. If the masses want us to go in and check for legality we will make it happen - just give us time to get 100% and we will do what we can. Our entire goal is to have a place that any MD or just the general public can easily go and find a stage based on any number of criteria - this will ALWAYS remain free - our goal is to not make $ on it but to have a resource for the shooting community!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to see a rating system. Say one bullet for a not so good stage, and five

bullets for a really cool stage. If that were a category that users could search on

it would be really helpful to start your search with stages that others have used and

rated highly.

• 4 weeks later...

OK well let me gear back up next week and I'll get back on it......I just got so busy with the real job but I'll get back on it I got 62 more on my hard drive to put online then I'll start on some of SPANKY's stages...

Thanks for your efforts, it's a great resource!

This really needs a way to narrow into a specifics set of features that you might want... Some way to filter by options would be a *really* good idea... having to look through a shorted list by name is a RPITA. Especially when the names usually mean nothing about the stage. While the sort is nice, it still doesn't do what a filter would do.

just my .02,

Alan

It does have a way to filter by options - you can use any of the columns and sort by the columns just by clicking on them.

ALSO you can sort by MULTIPLE columns by holding the SHIFT key and clicking on them

Edited by bsdubois00

FOR INSTANCE:

Click on TX and it will sort by stages that have the Texas Star.....after you clicked on TX - press SHIFT and click on RDS - now you can sort by FIRST the ones that have the texas start then NEXT by round count - you can add as many columns as you need to the sort feature