Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vince Schillens

Flexmoney

I just received this email.

Vince jumped right in with USPSA and was helped work quite a number of Major matches.

Sent: Fri, Aug 5, 2011 8:30 am

Subject: Vince Schillens

USPSA Shooters:

I am sad to have to send this message out. It was recently learned that one of our fellow shooters, Vince passed away. I was lucky to have shot and worked Area 5 with him recently. His son Joe wrote:

"He died suddenly and unexpected, likely of a heart attack as he slept.

he certainly enjoyed the companionship of his uspsa friends and appreciated their kindness.

I had the pleasure of shooting with him in a match and can see why he loved it so much. It was more than just the thrill of the challenge. It was the goodness of the people he enjoyed spending his weekends with.

We held a wake in his honor and asked that those who were wanting to donate would do so to the American diabetes association."

Keep Joe and his family in your prayers. Vince will be missed.

If you would like to pass a message onto his son, you can reach him at joe.schillens@gmail.com

DVC

-Peter

I too received the notice of his passing. Vince was indeed a very dedicated and active shooter and Range Official from our area here in South West Ohio. He worked many major matches including the Nationals.

Vince will be missed very much by those who were fortunate enough to know him.