Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can Someone Explain the Construction of the PMT Benelli Carrier Releas

DyNo!

It's a shallow rectangular box. Inside that box is a button (some form of plastic) that just floats in there above the button and is retained in the box by the top of the box being smaller than the button.

The box is glued on the side of the gun and that's about it.

It is rather small, compared to the DMW or the Arredondo. Maybe close in size to the Nordic button (although the N.C. is round).

I thought you were going to try the Kydex thing that R.R. told you about on Sunday....

Precision Machine and Tool. No longer in bidness. To add to Braxton's info-ther is a rubber gasket around the plastic rectangular activator. In my opinion it was the best of all the activators. I had one, but that receiver got fu*** up by some almost gunsmith and never really worked right after that. But the bolt release was smooth and slick. One of my old M1 pictures shows one.

I thought you were going to try the Kydex thing that R.R. told you about on Sunday....

I did - it looked and worked great until I fired 10 rounds through my Benelli and put it on the ground. :roflol:

I could try another kind of glue but I will likely find some scrap metal and bend it into a carrier release bar.

Mike brings up a good point I've thought about many times. A right handed shooter loading weak hand would be able to put a left hand shotgun to good use. Maybe.

Not on a L/H Benelli - the port is on the left, but the button is still on right! I was looking at a L/H until i saw this!

M

Mike brings up a good point I've thought about many times. A right handed shooter loading weak hand would be able to put a left hand shotgun to good use. Maybe.

Not on a L/H Benelli - the port is on the left, but the button is still on right! I was looking at a L/H until i saw this!

M

And then there's the whole "What am I gonna go about these shotshells going up my nose upon ejection?" question....

Lefties shooting right handed guns have dealt with that issue for years.

I've been searching for a PMT brand carrier release for the better part of a year now. I'm wondering how they went out of business when so many three-gun shooters are trying to get their hands on their product now that they're so scarce.