Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

that people don't get the phrase "AFTER STOP"

Jim Norman

Most of the US has a traffic rule allowing a driver to make a Right Turn on Red AFTER Stop. What part of AFTER do so many people not get? Not stopping is the same as RUNNING a Red Light. I have seen so many close calls where people are about to cross the street only to have Harry or Harriet Hurry-Up blast through the red making their Right turn.

OK, I feel better now. Probably have more traffic related angst later today.

Lack of law enforcement, simple as that, people used to get pulled over and ticketed for things like running stop signs and redlights, Now enforcement is so lax most drivers dont even know you are required to stop at a stop sign before crossing intersections or if they do know they sure dont do it.

Yellow means Go Faster.

Red means the third car in line stops.

I probably should have named this thread something along the lines of People that ignore basic traffic laws and have no courtesy towards their fellow motorists.

I think the most misunderstood sign on the highway is "Slower traffic keep right".....

Slower traffic stay left and drive the same speed as the right.... ROLLING ROAD BLOCK!!! HATE IT!!! :angry:

This is the most irritating thing on the roadways!!! And they always seem to see me coming in the left lane and thennnn they pull out from the right lane.. :angry:

Here in Houston area we have problems with folks that tag along at four way stop signs. A couple cars are stacked up in each direction and there will always be some "entitled" SOB that, rather than stop, tailgates the car through the intersection in front of them.

Saw a new "record" in The Woodlands the other evening. One car stops and goes with two tailgaters following right behind. If it ever gets up to three I may run over someone.

Bill

Byciclists who think traffic laws do not apply to them.

A week ago, I almost hit a teenage girl who thought I should wait some more and let her get through the 4-way stop intersection first. Needless to say, I found myself on the receiving end of some obscene gestures, even though she ran the stop sign.

Not just the ones that roll through and endanger pedestrians, but the ones who roll through the light and into the lane in front of oncoming traffic -- then just putt along instead of giving the old jalopy some gas and getting their inconsiderate butts on down the road.

You can't hit them, traffic next to you keeps you from going around them because you're slowed down so much you can't safely get into the traffic flow in the next lane over, and the "Moron Disintegrator Ray Gun" hasn't been invented yet. :angry: