Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

basepad & capacity ?

carharttfarmer

two combinations that have worked for me.

1. SP01 mag tube. CZ Custom ext. basepad (short) Bolen spring cut 1/2 coil, Bolen follower ( need to shorten follower ) . This gets 23 rounds 9mm that is reloadable. Fits the USPSA 140mm gauge . This also works well with the CZ Custom magwell.

2. MecGar AFC tube, glock mag springs, Pearce Beretta basepad, Bolen follower. 23 rounds, reloadable. Fits 140mm gauge.

For my SP-01 Limited set up the CZ Custom +2 base pads and wolfe +10% springs let me run 21+1 with 100% reliability. For your 16 round mags you would use the +4 CZ Custom base pads. CZ Custom base pads are pretty much bullet proof.

The only problem is the Custom basepads are so damn crazy expensive lol I got a steal on a few MacGar 19rd mags, took my SP01 mags and put the MacGar basepads on with the 10% spring and can do 21rds. But now I have the tube from the MacGar's sitting around so I'am intrested to hear what people are doing with them,then I could have 3 more mags :)

The only problem is the Custom basepads are so damn crazy expensive lol I got a steal on a few MacGar 19rd mags, took my SP01 mags and put the MacGar basepads on with the 10% spring and can do 21rds. But now I have the tube from the MacGar's sitting around so I'am intrested to hear what people are doing with them,then I could have 3 more mags :)

see if you can pick up the pearce ext basepads for the Beretta 92..about $10 +/- adds 3 or 4 rounds

You said you use Glock mag springs earlier...which? G17\22 Factory or 10% springs?

believe I tried a G17 factory mag spring.

I would also look at the grams kit to use as the spring and follower..

Basepads that I have used:

CZ Custom, both the long and short versions.

Pearce Beretta 92 ext basepad.

Roger Sherman's SIG basepads, both long and short.

MecGar +2 CZ basepad

all these worked great on CZ magazines. which I have used the SP01 mag, CZ 16rnd mag, MecGar AFC mag.

most of my work on them was to get to 23 or more rounds, be reliable and fit the 140mm gauge.

Edited by eerw

so the idea with the glock spring is it has less coils right so more space in the mag?

tried triming the stock folowwer in my spo1 mag made it easier to get 19 in then switched it to a glock 17 spring and could get 20 have to see what it does once my +2 show up