Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mike Seeklander's Book

Cy Soto

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drills are a dime a dozen. Mike's are good, but so are Saul's, Mr. Leatham's, etc etc.

I would aruge that the concepts behind the drills are the real meat.

The visualization stuff ALONE is worth the price of the book.

I would get the book that has the drills a-n-d the methodology behind it.

FY42385

It's the concept. One part is worth no more than another. You are hamstringing yourself trying to break it up like that. I believe Mike's purpose is to bring together all phases of training into one cohesive plan that will benefit the shooter.

For me the plan " organized" everything. I dont have to worry about what to do and when to do it. It's highly modifiable as you progress.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna have to reread Mike's book on my next trip. I read it when I first started USPSA and a lot of it didn't stick. I've been strictly doing drills from Steve's book instead, and now that I've gotten into it and made it a habit I feel like I should revisit Seeklander's.

It's the concept. One part is worth no more than another. You are hamstringing yourself trying to break it up like that. I believe Mike's purpose is to bring together all phases of training into one cohesive plan that will benefit the shooter.

For me the plan " organized" everything. I dont have to worry about what to do and when to do it. It's highly modifiable as you progress.

+1 The main value of the book, from my POV, is teaching you to build a plan which includes all elements needed to improve shooting. Dry fire, live fire, mental game, visualization, fitness, etc. Mike's book ties it all together and shows you how to plan to succeed. The book helped me tie together all the information I got from other books and instructors in to a unified whole. Breaking the book in to pieces defeats the purpose.

I have reread Mike's Book several times. It now resides in the morning reading room. I just pick new sections to review.

For me, Mike's mental game made a huge difference. The drills are good but the reasoning behind the mechanics was more important.

Got my email in for the DVDs. My wife just got me the Program book for my birthday. I love the drills in the book, and I'm in the process of creating some printable score sheets tailored to the specific drills in Excel. When I get all the drill score sheets completed, I will share them to whoever wants them here. Below is a sample of one, if your interested.

post-34906-0-86804000-1320675878_thumb.j

Got my email in for the DVDs. My wife just got me the Program book for my birthday. I love the drills in the book, and I'm in the process of creating some printable score sheets tailored to the specific drills in Excel. When I get all the drill score sheets completed, I will share them to whoever wants them here. Below is a sample of one, if your interested.

I am interested

I have been running his program for two months.

I also have his log book but Im running out of match logs, wish you could print one from his site.

I am interested

I have been running his program for two months.

I also have his log book but Im running out of match logs, wish you could print one from his site.

Reach out to me, I will send you a link for printable logs!

• 5 weeks later...

The most "Holistic" approach to shooting that I have ever read.

1) Make sure and order the log book with your initial purchase. I didn't order it and regret that I didn't, I will now have to order it.

2) If you are on the fence, I would suggest picking up this book now. It is the perfect time of the year to start a new outlook on shooting for the new year.

3) I think that if you are a systems person or a regimented, disciplined person this will be right up your alley.

If you buy Mike's book it will be money well spent. Mike is the best instructor I have ever had the privilege to shoot with and learn from and I have had a lot of opportunities to train with top notch instructors because of my job. My favorite thing about his book is how he focus's on improving basic skills, micro and macro drills, and then applies it all to whatever your sport of choice is whether it is USPSA, IDPA, etc... Mike thanks for the book I've been reviewing and training what I could the last few months (been kind of busy with work)but, it will definitely be put to good use this season.

- Brandon

• 2 weeks later...

For those who may need a visual reference and want to see the drills, the DVD's are ready and for sale now. Please visit my webpage here for more information: S-P Books/DVD's

Thanks, and I hope everyone has a happy New Year!

Already ordered both of them last night & I'm sure they'll be great - thanks Mike.

No, you have to get the book. The book has the descriptions etc. The logbook, more or less, organizes everything for you and makes you go through the expected steps.

Does the logbook include the dry fire exercises?

• 2 weeks later...

I received the book today and I'm a little lost. The little bit I have read says to read the whole book first. So I'm wondering does he line out a training program or am I supposed to come up with one myself?... How are you guys using it?

Edited by brandrum