Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Elite frames

e-mishka

Are all newer witness elite frames same size?

Can i convert 9mm match to .45acp by buying slide assembly, barrel and mags?

Yes, the newer ones are large frame.

You should be able to just buy the conversion kit and make a .45. However, you may have to fit the slide a tiny bit on the Match since that had the slide fitted to it. Someone else would know for sure though.

I have the current Elite Match 38S. Bought the 9mm conversion kit and it fit. Got lucky! You might also. I'd give it a try before i send it off. Kit comes with one new mag, giude rod, and spring. Make sure you are getting the new Mec-Gar K45 mag(black follower). Nealio has the most current info on New 45 mags, i think.

david

I have the current Elite Match 38S. Bought the 9mm conversion kit and it fit. Got lucky! You might also. I'd give it a try before i send it off. Kit comes with one new mag, giude rod, and spring. Make sure you are getting the new Mec-Gar K45 mag(black follower). Nealio has the most current info on New 45 mags, i think.

david

How does it shoot .45?

FYI:

There are NOT any new .45 mags. I was told there were by 1 person at EAA and so I ordered 4. After I received them and noticed they were the OLD style, I called them again and talked to someone who seemed to be a lot more helpful and in the know. That person told me they do not have any plans to redesign the .45 mags at this time.

The old style .45 mags seem to feed "OK". I haven't had any jams or misfeeds on my .45.

I've not had any problems with my Witness Match .45 when their corresponding old style mags, as long as I used round nose bullets (Montana Gold).

I made a batch of bullets at 1.250" OAL, but with a truncated cone profile (Berry's Bullets), and it was jam-o-matic due to incorrect feeding up the ramp and into the chamber. Only happens on rapid fire. No problems with slow fire. I've not had a chance since to try playing with the length to find the OAL that works.