Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I lost my work blackberry and just got the replacement. It already has my personal email set up in it and all the contacts that were listed in my old one along with pictures related to my kids number. :surprise: I'm not too sure what to think about that. Anyway how did they do that?

Blackberry has software to allow for a quick and easy swap of devices.....the software, loaded on an individual computer, simply backs up the information from the 'old' BB and then transfers it to the 'new' one. However, that could mean your info was left on the transfer computer.....if done that way, might be worth asking to confirm data was deleted.

Old phone was lost so not there to sync, all data must be on their server. Even my browsing history was loaded. Just a little freaky......

I'm a believer in work phones and personal phones.....

Same thing with work computers and personal computers. The latter never enter a work facility, or connect to their servers. I never visit any sites that might require security from work -- no banking, no companies with whom I have accounts set up, etc.....

Jon,

A BB in a corporate environment is typically setup on a company owned BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), this syncs your phone with your corporate email system, including contacts. The BES can also handle the browsing requests from the phones, that way it goes thru the corporate proxy and firewall.